Associate Media Director. Planning
- New York, NY, USA
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
The role of the Strategy Associate Director is to be the day-to-day steward on media issues for assigned brands, including accurate budget control and flow of media activity. You will be required to develop and maintain a strong knowledge of their clients’ business and apply their media understanding accordingly to help deliver against the clients’ needs/objectives. You will work closely with the Managers in the development and communication of all media recommendations.
• Strong cross-channel planning, particularly in digital
• Ability to manage timelines, projects and personnel within direct report team and across cross-functional teams
• Flexible and able to keep up with a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
• Including the capacity to successfully manage multiple work streams at one time
• Strong foundation in strategic and critical thinking, with an eye for finding ways to innovate and collaborate with teams to improve outputs
• Experience with productive and positive vendor relationship management
• Individual should possess confidence and composure and polished presentation skills to effectively attend and lead meetings in-person with key clients on a daily basis
• Self-motivation and organization are key given coordination with multiple internal and external teams
• Lead and collaborate with investment teams to ensure plan aligns with strategic framework and brand’s business objectives
• Build strong relationships with external partners (clients, agencies, vendors) and create opportunities for synergistic collaboration
• Seek balance between data-driven nature of today’s media environment and ability to develop innovative media ideas that can deliver measurable business impact.
• Strong Digital knowledge across all areas including measurement
Who You Are:
• Leads day-to-day strategic planning for Henkel’s beauty brands
• Must have excellent client management and client relationship skills
• Must be able to work seamlessly and comfortably while reporting to a Director who is remote (at least for the foreseeable future)
• Must be willing to travel from NY office to client’s office in Stamford, CT as needed (typically 1-2x/mo., possibly more in some months)
• CPG experience strongly preferred in order to hit the ground running with an understanding of client business dynamics and challenges
• Responsible for managing a unique and very detailed client SOW with pricing guarantees and a malus component. Must be able to manage this scope and deploy limited team resources effectively.
• Must be extremely organized, and able to manage a constant flurry of plan changes, requests, urgent projects, as well as balance this with longer term strategic planning work streams
• Must have detailed understanding of media planning across all media types, especially Linear TV, OLV (including programmatic), Social, and Search, but should also be comfortable talking about OTT, CTV, Addressable TV, Print, and Commerce (e.g. Criteo, AMG/AMS, WPAs, SEO).
• Must have a foundational understanding of how a tech stack works, and be able to have a strong point of view and advise on data strategies in connection with media campaigns and recommendations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.