Director, Solutions Consulting
- New York, NY, USA
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe ([Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC 40], alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is comprised of Starcom, Zenith, DigitasLBi, Spark Foundry, Blue 449 and Performics, powered by digital-first, data-driven global practices that together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 23,500 employees worldwide.
Publicis Media Exchange (PMX) delivers sustainable, transparent, competitive advantage to Publicis Media clients and agencies. This is done through the consolidated strength of our agencies, deep understanding of our client drivers, leveraging scaled investment, marketplace innovation, strength in partnerships and intelligence.
Trust is the cornerstone upon which we build our relationships. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of how a partner should behave.
We treat our people and our clients with respect, transparency and honesty.
This is first and foremost a people business. We are committed to ensuring Publicis Media a destination for the best talent in our industry. We value people as individuals, growing ourselves as we grow our client’s business.
True transformation comes when we stop managing change, and instead initiate change. We believe in our purpose to be the admired force for business transformation. We believe that focusing on performance and results has the power to transform client business.
The Director, Solutions Consulting will be responsible for leading a team that consults Publicis Media Agencies and Advertisers on programmatic advertising and marketing technology offerings to address marketer business challenges, including the development of bespoke solutions, when necessary. The Director solves strategic marketing challenges by applying data, technology & services to ensure clients are successful in building their businesses around our programmatic capabilities.
This role’s primary focus is to work collaboratively with agency and central PMX Precision teams, other Publicis Media Practices, Strategic Partners, and clients to create integrated solutions to solve each client’s most pressing marketing challenges, working in concert with agency, Product Management, Analytics, Operations, and other teams. The result is a strong, vibrant client relationship where Publicis Media & Precision demonstrates measurable value to the client’s business, enabling all to achieve satisfaction and team financial goals. The Director is expected to be an expert in Publicis Media and Precision’s positioning, capabilities, and resources to leverage the best of what we have to drive success for Publicis Media and our clients.
The Director is an energetic individual who possesses a combination of strong analytic, problem solving and client facing skills, working as an integral part of the Publicis Media Exchange Precision practice. The PMX Precision practice is the central hub for data-led marketing, analysis, and insights across our client base including major retailers, telecommunications companies, financial services organizations and consumer manufacturing companies. The role requires the ability to proactively identify opportunities to leverage data and technology to solve business problems.
Precision Consulting Lead
• Be an expert in advertising technologies such as ad servers, mobile ad servers, video ad servers, DSPs, ad exchanges, SSPs, cross-device tracking technologies, website analytics systems, dynamic creative optimizers, DMPs, marketing clouds, etc.
• Manage team of consultants in supporting assigned agency business(es) to enable Precision capabilities, grow programmatic business, and solving marketer business needs
• Participate in new business meetings / pitches as a Subject Matter Expert representing all possible uses of the Platform in marketing programs.
• Responsible for Precision client retention strategies and support in engagements where clients are considered at-risk
• Understand the standard workflows and metrics involved in digital marketing programs including how to traffic a media + data campaign, calculate cost (CPM, CPC, CPA, vCPM), and measure performance (ROI, ROAS, CTR, CPA, AOV, RPV, Conversion Rate, etc.)
• Provide leadership and direction to client teams and business unit personnel, fully leveraging all direct and indirect data resources and ensuring optimal levels of productivity, service, communications, & quality in a matrix environment
• Lead brainstorms and presentations of new opportunities to PMX and senior agency leadership
• Direct team activities to ensure full collaboration and partnership and leverage the company’s full complement of data resources to support the business;
• Assist the Product Management team with roll-in/roll-out functional enhancements and application development, providing customer impressions and feedback;
• Provide Global Precision Product team guidance on the development of programmatic and analytics solutions, including new product and feature roadmap input based on customer and market needs;
• Own idea generation, design and proposal of new / enhanced data insights
Cross Team Collaboration
• Work collaboratively with assigned Publicis Media agency(s) and internal teams to uncover client needs, priorities, and collaboratively develop value-based use-cases for Precision, account engagement strategies and roadmaps, consistently communicate and brainstorm with the agency and Client Services teams around all aspects of account strategies and opportunity development:
o Participate in requirements sessions with business stakeholders to understand their needs;
o Perform gap analysis on the client’s current architecture(s), identifying challenges and opportunities;
o Specify the scope, tasks, milestones, and deliverables needed in order to successfully present and demonstrate such use-cases;
• Work with clients and their Publicis agency(ies) to understand and clarify their marketing strategies, ensure their satisfaction and foster their trust; engage with senior level client contacts across all areas of the client’s business on a regular basis, delivering a continuous flow of data driven strategies, while securing relationship and performance feedback;
• Serve as a point of contact for client and agency engagement within Precision;
• Continually increase knowledge of the client’s business (and industry), consulting with the client as it relates to advertising technologies;
• Provide ad hoc support to the client or agency, as requested, to solve broad strategic marketing problems;
• Drive top-line programmatic growth across assigned Publicis Media agency(s)
• Keep abreast of industry trends; Uncover and understand the needs and challenges of our Fortune 500 clients; address these through business analysis, recommendations and ongoing consultation based on our unique information services and ability to assess markets, customers, competitors and prospects;
• Identify the feature set required by clients of the next generation data products to optimally support all the major big data technologies, contribute as direction to Publicis Media and agency contacts;
• Practice Development & Eminence: Support/contribute to the preparation of market-valued intellectual capital and the development of practical data solutions and methodologies, "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents;
• Provide technical expertise and guidance to agency and account teams to assist in developing Precision pitch and value prop
• BA + 7-10 years of experience in a combination of enterprise client services, programmatic media, & analytics
• 3 years minimum programmatic media optimization.
• 3 years minimum managerial experience
• Can lead complex multi-dimensional engagements that combine agency services (digital and direct), data management, consulting, and large technology deployments. Experience with automatically traded inventory and/or audience data
• Possesses a charismatic, engaging personality and can successfully interact with senior/executive level agency and client contacts
• Has the ability to grow client relationships through new strategies and innovative ideas
• Advanced degree preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.