Director, Software Engineering (RTAB)
- New York, NY, USA
About Publicis Media: Data, Technology & Innovation:
Data, Technology and Innovation (DTI) is a centralized global practice within Publicis Media, the media-centric solutions hub of Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC 40]. DTI drives transformation across Publicis Media’s global agency brands via the provision of a scalable and consistent approach to data and technology. DTI is powered by a leading, global data/tech platform; best-in-class technology management and consultancy services; unified workflow solutions; differentiated products and client solution stacks; and strategic oversight of all major data and technology partnerships. Home to over 700 engineers, data architects, consultants, product managers and a robust project management operation, DTI helps scale innovation worldwide.
Publicis Media is the division of Publicis Groupe focused on data, technology, and innovation as the world becomes increasingly smart and connected, providing a unique opportunity for talented Software Engineers to distinguish themselves beyond typical big tech companies and VC-backed startups. Our values include transparency, honest communication, and doing right by our clients. The right candidate will help lead our team toward becoming a world class technology organization through distinctive processes and implementation.
The Global Engineering team seeks a full-stack Director-level Engineer to collaboratively construct a robust platform for our high throughput, low latency distributed and decisioning systems that operate at scale with an emphasis on their availability, latency, performance, and capacity. The mission is to create and operate elegant software and systems that power Publicis Media’s real-time media activation platform. The ideal Engineering candidate will be passionate about C++, as well as Big Data, Machine Learning, and AI. You will contribute to bringing AI driven solutions to the activation platform, such as real time image generation and/or deep reinforcement learning.
Your day to day will include:
- Participation in the full software development life cycle
- The creation of elegant and useful solutions to solve complex business problems by working across various teams, understanding the needs of our business partners and advertisers, and putting on your product manager hat to provide solutions to solve those problems.
- Coding in C++, Python, and Java.
- Deep understanding of the business ecosystem, identifying problems, and create solutions for businesses.
- Testing, validating, and deploying to production.
- Writing documentation and running presentations.
- Strong collaboration across teams, both inside and outside of engineering, including working closely with the product management and product engineering teams to define and refine feature specifications.
- Analyzing and improving the efficiency, scalability, stability, and security of business applications and in-house systems to help scale the company.
- The ongoing study and leverage of emerging technology (AI, Machine Learning, NLP, Databases, Containers) to provide technical competitive advantage.
- Strong experience with deep learning applied to computer vision, image generation or reinforcement learning: CNNs, GANs, DQNs or extensions.
- Strong experience with server side development in an object oriented or functional language.
- Expertise in C, C++, and scripting experience in Shell (Python and Java are plus).
- In depth knowledge of Linux/Unix systems.
- Experience with Network theory: TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, DNS, OSI Layers.
- Great familiarity with Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Excellent math and quantitative skills.
- Experience in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Strongly opinionated and passionate about your craft, your own testing and running in production.
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, and drive.
- Experience working in AdTech is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.