Senior Specialist, Digital Activation
APEX Exchange (APEX) is a distinct next-generation trading entity within Publicis Media that identifies and invests in emerging market trends to benefit Publicis clients.
APEX develops innovative offerings through direct partnerships and principal investments that allow clients of all size to benefit from custom solutions in an increasingly complex media environment.
Clients opt into solutions outside the agency’s core services that offer tangible benefits including guaranteed outcomes, and advantageous pricing.
This role is part of the Digital Strategy & Activation team within APEX. APEX is centralized hub within Publicis Media.
The Digital Strategy & Activation team within APEX acts as a centralized resource providing tactical planning recommendations, margin analysis, media and data strategy, vendor relations, campaign stewardship, billing, and client support.
This is a hybrid role, requiring three days in-office each week. If you are contacted for an interview, your recruiter will discuss specifics with you, inclusive of any necessary reasonable accommodations.
As a Senior Specialist, Digital Strategy/Activation you will be an expert of your own field, while learning the responsibilities of your counterparts on the other side of the business for specific accounts. This position is a stepping stone to becoming a Supervisor.
If you are already in an Activation role, the Strategy responsibilities you will be responsible for are as follows:
- Will own strategy and planning for portfolio of accounts while providing white glove service to these key brands and agencies across the Publicis Groupe
- Oversee pre-sale and negotiation process while providing key deliverables including site lists, avails, RFIs, campaign handoffs, etc.
- Own communication with publishers, vendors, and internal stakeholders to drive client results and overall business health.
- Prepare supporting media plan deliverables such as presentations or research
- Ensure Salesforce is accurate and up-to-date for all opportunities
- Manage and build creative and solution-driven proposals RFP proposals as the primary POC between assigned accounts and vendors
- Advising and planning which partners, tactical targeting, format, research, creative, etc. best suits incoming RFP’s
- Managing campaign and portfolio pricing to effectively drive client results and business health
- Prior to a closed deal, manage internal and client deliverables, day-to-day communication with both the vendors and agencies and organized campaign managed and documentation
- Own internal resource documents including spec sheets, integration details, margin overviews, partnership update logs
- Effectively manage and prioritize multiple planned campaigns across channels, with multiple partners with ownership of both established and emerging accounts
- Develop and maintain relationships with agency contacts and vendors alike to understand client goals and new vendor product offerings
- Troubleshoot problems, improve process, and be a team player to assist other team members with workload/issues that arise/etc.
- Understand multiple facets of digital media including programmatic, high impact, audio, CTV, OTT, measurement, tagging, and more – and being able to knowledgably communicate to the larger group.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of digital media industry, including new executions, industry measurement updates, and changes to partner companies we work with
- Management and training of new Associates on the business
- Ability to meet tight client deadlines while managing deliverables from internal and external partners/ vendors
- Talent for thinking creatively and crafting custom solutions to meet varied and sometimes competing objectives
If you are already in a Strategy role, the Activation responsibilities you will be responsible for are as follows:
- Effectively manage and prioritize multiple live campaigns across channels, with multiple partners with ownership of both established and emerging accounts.
- Provide white glove client service to key brands and agencies across the Publicis Groupe.
- Create and present campaign wrap up reports showcasing campaign success, insights, and future recommendations.
- Develop and maintain strong personal relationships with agency counterparts and vendor contacts to receive information about client goals and new product offerings.
- Act as campaign lead to ensure success for your dedicated accounts, fostering collaboration across departments to achieve and outperform client goals.
- Collaborate with Supervisor to troubleshoot problems, improve process, and ensure client satisfaction
- Assist in the overall invoicing process by acting as a liaison between internal operations and external parties on a monthly basis.
- Ensure Salesforce is accurate and up-to-date for all opportunities.
- Manage campaign delivery as key liaison between agency teams, client strategists, and preferred partners by monitoring, tracking and reporting on overall performance.
- Monitor, analyze, and report against campaign pacing and performance to internal parties while holding partners accountable to our APEX standards.
- Work with billing and revenue operations to appropriately track usage and spend of partners. Assist in the overall invoicing process by acting as a liaison between internal operations and external parties on a monthly basis.
Possess the Following Traits:
- Understand the importance of communication – Keeping it simple, clear and concise within email and meetings both internally, with clients, and with partners
- Strive for a solutions orientated approach to mitigate/fix any issue, only escalating to management when your other options have been exhausted; It is important to feel confident in your decisions prior to talking to your manager.
- Enforce and encourage streamlined process with each client – Following SpecX, sticking to timelines, etc.
- Ownership of at least 1 bootcamp course
- Acting as an escalation point for team members on your POD
- A willingness to help beyond your own POD
- Ability to represent the team/company in webinars, presentations, etc. when opportunity allows
- Attend and actively participate/ask questions in partner presentations, team meetings, leadership sessions, etc.
Effectively Lead Pre-Sale/Post-Sale Status
- Ensure that important updates are provided to the team in a clear and concise manner on a bi-weekly basis, and the team is fully up to speed on said updates
- Create an environment where team members are encouraged to speak up and participate in said meeting
- Act as a resource for the pre-sale team to answer questions and find the answer/solution to unknown questions/issues
- Encourage strategic thinking/solutions to team; provide examples of how this was executed in team meetings
Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on a specified media channel
- Be a key resource to the team on all things related to that topic
- Meet and evaluate relevant partners within the category
- Become an expert on existing partners in said category to learn more about their full product suite and any new products being introduced to the marketplace
- Help create any necessary supporting internal materials for the team (talk tracks, altitude notes, etc) and client-facing materials (sell-sheets, slides, etc)
- Join partner presentations and ensure meeting recording is available and notes from presentation are available for the team (if you cannot take notes, elect someone from the team to do so)
- Work closely with your “offline” counterparts to teach them about the similarities and differences in planning and activating within the digital space so that they are better equipped to activate on a campaign when it is sent to them
Partner Portfolio Expertise
- Pre-Sale: Understanding of full partner portfolio and new products/partners as they are added, able to provide alternative partner solutions if a partner is sold out/dropped from the portfolio
- Post-Sale: Understanding of all partner nuances at a post-sale level (XYZ partner can’t accept particular tags) or able to track down who does know partner XYZ’s nuances if you haven’t worked directly with said partner
Pre-Sale/Post Sale Braintrust
- MS Teams “Open Forum” Discussions that involves other team leads to help non-lead team members better understand:
- Pre-Sale: Partner nuances, Situational education (share campaigns that are unique/nuanced), Strategic brainstorming on partners, Process alignment
- Post-Sale: Process alignment, tagging/reporting questions, troubleshooting assistance
REQ # 23-10150
Our Publicis Groupe motto “Viva La Différence” means we’re better together, and we believe that our differences make us stronger. It means we honor and celebrate all identities, across all facets of intersectionality, and it underpins all that we do as an organization. We are focused on fostering belonging and creating equitable & inclusive experiences for all talent.
Publicis Groupe provides robust and inclusive benefit programs and policies to support the evolving and diverse needs of our talent and enable every person to grow and thrive. Our benefits package includes medical coverage, dental, vision, disability, 401K, as well as parental and family care leave, family forming assistance, tuition reimbursement, and flexible time off.
If you require accommodation or assistance with the application or onboarding process specifically, please contact [email protected].
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.