Account Manager (PR & Influencer)
A three-time SABRE Canadian Agency of the Year winner (2015, 2016, 2019) North has achieved unprecedented success since launching in 2011. North disrupts the industry with its approach to PR, influencer, social and digital, establishing itself as a Canadian agency leader.
Where other agencies begin to stagnate, North has found the sweet spot between boutique and large agency: this ‘twelve-year-old start-up’ is running on fresh momentum.
What’s the secret? While a slew of major new clients are tapping the team for their unique blend of expertise, many of North’s "OG" clients are expanding their work with the agency, fueling organic growth.
We're an agency all about taking risks, thinking big and a true belief that good ideas can come from anywhere.
(And yes, the rumours are true: North is a "No timesheet agency.")
Our preferred Account Manager candidate will have experience crafting and executing both traditional PR and influencer programs. We’re looking for a passionate team player who is strategic, creative and an analytical thinker who can create cross-channel strategies for our clients.
Some of the amazing work you’ll do:
- Develop and support PR and influencer communication deliverables to meet client objectives, while acting as project lead under senior leaders on campaigns
- Strategic and creative thinker to support the development of innovative campaigns, often spanning PR, influencer; at times, with some social/digital integration
- Actively pitch media contacts (written and verbal outreach); strong relationships with media is required (across broad consumer, lifestyle and business beats; broadcast, digital, print, etc.)
- Oversee fully integrated communications including PR, influencer for existing and new clients
- Build strong relationships with day-to-day client leads, developing trust and delivering excellence
- Ability to work confidently in integrated agency team (IAT) structures, coordinating with media, experiential, creative, etc. other client partners as required
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills are required Draft and edit media materials including editorial pieces, media advisories, press releases, pitches, fact sheets, speeches, briefing books, etc.
- Curate and develop targeted, thoughtful media outreach lists
- Build strategic influencer programs including partner selection, vetting, outreach, negotiation and contracts, creative briefing/reviews/edits, paid media integration and analytics/reporting, Have strong knowledge of the influencer marketing space, key players and industry changes
- leveraging our in-house platform (powered by CreatoriQ)
- Client experience in Retail, CPG, and consumer brands are considered an asset
- Effective at collaboratively managing up, providing timely updates to leaders on progress against goals
- Act as project manager, including building and tracking project budgets, timelines and deliverables
- Ability to work in a collaborative, innovative & fast-paced environment
- Ongoing tracking and knowledge of industry & brand best practices, proactively sharing with agency and clients to inform strategies
Contribute to a positive culture of collaboration and team development, acting as project manager, coach and mentor for junior team members
Our successful candidate will possess some of the following attributes below. This is just a starting point – if you feel you don’t meet the suggested experience and/or skills, we still encourage you to apply!
- Very strong in client and account management
- Experience developing targeted consumer PR/influencer programs designed to meet and exceed client expectations and set KPIs
- Familiarity with various PR/influencer tools such as Meltwater, MRP, Cision, Tagger, DoveTail, CreatoriQ, etc.
- New business experience is an asset
- Established relationships with Canadian media and influencers, and deep understanding of the PR/influencer landscape locally
- Participating in some forecasting and managing project budgets; focus on organic growth of existing client base
- Proficiency in insight gathering and analytics; ability to implement an effective reporting strategy on the metrics that matter to measure campaign performance and make suggestions on how to improve/optimize
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Event / experiential skills an asset
- Ongoing tracking and implementation of industry & brand best practices, and current events that could impact clients
- Leading brainstorming sessions
- Understanding of some social / digital strategy is an asset
- Strong project management experience, with the ability to coach, develop and oversee junior team members supporting campaigns
- Ability to foster strong relationships with Integrated Agency Team partners
Why North Strategic? Something we’re most proud of at North is our level of employee engagement. Our employees love coming to work, but also see relationships that extend beyond the work week. As a team we celebrate our company and employee milestones and encourage quality time together. We take pride in our entrepreneurial, creative and empowering culture, a result of our strong commitment to employee engagement.
What we’re offering:
Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact working on some of the biggest brands out there!
A culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth and collaboration.
Work with top talent at an award-winning agency on a serious growth trajectory.
A focused commitment to career development and personal success – let us help you.
Highly competitive compensation and benefits package including substantial time off policies and mental wellness resources (like really. It’s a big deal).
Oh, and did we mention the perks?! Hybrid work from home/office environment, parental leave top-up program, annual summer offsites, regular social events, cell phone & internet allowance, professional development and wellness allowance, and NO timesheets! Just to name a few… #workperks.
All staff meetings so you’re always in the know.
To apply for this position, click "I'm Interested" and easily submit your resume. Note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you very much for your interest in working at North Strategic. We look forward to meeting you!
North Strategic is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process