Paid Social Specialist
Spirit of a startup, soul of a powerhouse
We are: Scrappy, Driven, Simple, and more importantly – dreamers. We are re-imagining what the future will look like with our clients in mind.
We take pride in our legacy and are committed to constant evolution – our world dictates that now more than ever. By melding the spirit of a startup and the soul of a powerhouse across our business, we aim to bring modern heat to brands - the kind of heat that arises at the intersection of startup and powerhouse; of data and content; of art and science; of old and new.
Energy and innovation fuel our startup spirit, while our marketplace clout, exclusive partnerships, and global practice capabilities deliver our powerhouse soul for our clients.
Publicis Media Canada is proud to be Great Places to Work™ certified and recognized with Best Workplaces™ for Today’s Youth. We provide continuing opportunities for career growth by fostering a diverse work environment that respects and supports individual contributions and opinions.
We also offer our employees market leading benefit and incentive programs. You’ll be provided with 3 weeks minimum vacation to start plus additional long weekend Publicis days, holidays closures, your birthday off, free Headspace memberships, wellness and technology credits, and a market leading savings plan.
We strive to provide what matters to you personally with the ability to choose and modify programs to suit your lifestyle.
The Paid Social Account Specialist is a highly organized, detail-oriented team player with strong technical aptitude in paid social platforms namely, Facebook/Instagram (required), Twitter (required), Pinterest (Asset), Snapchat (Asset).
Social Specialists are responsible for assisting the Social Supervisor or Manager in the creation and implementation of holistic paid social media plans for their brands. This individual will gather and analyze various amounts of marketing data for the clients and their competitors to determine their advertising and media needs and to ensure plans are properly executed and delivered. Plans typically include analysis and recommendations on targeting, geography, scheduling, support level, strategic executions and budget. In addition to managing the work of the Social Coordinators/Analysts they may supervise, Paid Social Specialists have day-to-day client contact and work with their counterpart Strategy and Investment teams. Success requires strong analytical skills, good consumer understanding, creativity, skill in negotiation and very strong attention to detail.
- Assists the Social Supervisor/Manager to develop social media plan recommendations for assigned clients that meet clients’ campaign goals and target audiences
- Maintains regular communication of brand and team status to Supervisor/Manager
- Develop a positive experience and relationship with clients maintaining day to day communication
- Executes social media campaigns, and purchasing social media from the different self-serve platforms and managed services
- Ensure that all projects assigned are executed to plan
- Manage, analyze and optimize social media placements during campaigns
- Collaborates with web analysts to provide campaign reporting and ROI analysis
- Ensure that work produced with the highest level of quality and accuracy
- Sources, compiles and provides research materials when required
- Participates in assigned client meetings and presentations
- Pro-actively identifies project issues/problems, assists in issue/problem resolution and provides project updates
- 1-2 years’ experience in social media planning and buying
- Facebook Blueprint and/or Certification an asset
- Knowledge in various social media platforms and best practices in organic and paid use
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with an advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities and math proficiency
- Ability to effectively utilize media research and reporting resources
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and presentation
- Strong negotiating skills
- Flawless attention to detail
- Project management, problem solving and organizational skills are essential.
- Able to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
Spark Foundry is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We create and nurture a vibrant work environment that celebrates, values and leverages all aspects of diversity and inclusiveness, attracts world-class talent and serves as the industry benchmark for best practices. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will provide appropriate accommodation for candidates with disabilities or accessibility needs throughout the recruitment process, upon request. Please contact our recruiter for any questions, accommodations or specific requests. We thank all candidates for their interest in Spark Foundry , however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.