Head of Creative
Founded in 2005, Digitas Liquorice is the connected experience agency with a focus on data-led insights to enhance the Customer Experience. We specialise in 5 core digital capabilities to deliver Data & Analysis, Strategy, Creative, Media and Technology.
In 2014, Liquorice was acquired by Digitas, the world’s largest digital network employing over 100 people across our 3 offices in South Africa, with affiliate partners in 34 countries across Africa.
At Digitas Liquorice we believe in creating Magic and Meaning. Purposefully connecting people and brands through digital innovation in everything we do. We are a group of unicorns; uniquely capable in skillset and all-around awesomeness!
Digitas Liquorice prides itself on a culture of experiential learning, encouraging our unicorns to be curious, to seek out new opportunities to learn and experience in order to drive growth, both in a personal and professional capacity. It is our vision to drive transformation within our teams to allow for a diversity of voices, and as such, a rich creative product. Similarly, we partner with clients to support their digital transformation, providing the technology and expertise to accelerate their journey.
Head of Creative
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the overall creative strategy for Digitas Liquorice and its clients on a national basis, as well as keep abreast with digital products & services in order to ensure that their team is executing at an award worthy level.
- Deliver world class creative work through the creative team as well as individually for our clients
- Direct the creative functionalities of concept development, collaborate with team members, create a good work environment, meet work expectations and discus team goals and achievements
- Develop the creative product as per the highest industry standards
- Develop and grow the awards strategy in order to win more awards
- Provide strategic solutions that are relevant to the industry and target audience of the brand
- Accommodate the client's needs and requirements as per the marketing goals and strategies, create unique brand promotion concepts in accordance with the client's budget and translate the client's briefs into a creative visual experience
- Collaborate with the creative team for processing the client's projects in a specified manner, assign duties to creative, and lead the team in carrying out production activities
- Keep track of latest trends in creative direction and understand the progress in digital technologies such as social platform features, web 3.0 etc.
- Collaborate with working partners for strategizing the progress of creative functionalities and make relevant changes for competing with market standards
- Direct activities for professional development of organizational team members, conduct creative workshops for staff members, implement corrective strategies in promotional activities and recommend promotions for team members based on their performance
- Make important decisions that ensure the organizational profitability without compromising the creative quality of the project; direct constant improvement in creative quality and enhance the design capability for accomplishing the task.
- Manage external agents like photographers, production companies, freelancers, etc., and manage them according to the work of Art Directors, Copywriters, and other Post Production employees
- Connect regularly with all creative staff to ensure personal development, accountability, growth opportunities and cultural positivity
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Visual and Graphic Design / Art Direction
- Minimum 3 years working experience as a Creative Director in an Advertising Agency, Digital Advertising Agency or Digital Marketing Agency
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Word / Excel / PowerPoint etc.)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of design and video software. UX software would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of digital design, campaign creative and marketing tech
- Understand customer experience methodology, brand management, marketing, advertising, and e-commerce
- Understand various production procedures and technical requirements
- A good command of the English language (both verbal and written)
- Effective leadership skills
- Effective time management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- An eye-catching portfolio that demonstrates a blend of TTL, Digital and Print design
• Team player with the ability to work independently
• Able to remain calm in a highly pressurized environment
• Creative “out of the box” strategic thinker
• Problem solver / solution driven
• Meticulous with attention to detail
o Flexible to work beyond normal office hours (overtime if and when required)
o Comfortable to work from the Publicis Groupe office (on-site)
- We are approachable & globally supportive
- We are in this together and solution orientated
- We always do the right thing
- We are never afraid.
- Travel to national office and client visits as and when required by the company.
Interested candidates must please submit a concise CV including a link to your portfolio.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after submitting your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Publicis Groupe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits any forms of Discrimination or Harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees in line with our Employment Equity Plan. All appointments will be based on qualifications, experience and best fit but preference will be given to candidates from designated groups.