Digitas Liquorice is the Connected Marketing agency, built on the principle that there are better ways for brands to connect with people. We leverage comprehensive data, technology, creative, media and strategy capabilities to deliver Media-Fueled Creativity via connected Solutions that include Connected Campaigns, Social Marketing, Brand Experience, CRM & Loyalty, and Marketing Transformation. Digitas Liquorice South Africa has Head Offices in JHB and CT with over 220 Unicorns delivering connected end-to-end solutions for our clients across SSA. Visit www.liquorice.co.za for more about us and what we do. We are also connected to 6 600 Digitas Unicorns across over 30 countries and 50 offices around the world.
We’re looking for a Community Manager who has a passion for social media, with sound knowledge of digital marketing and strong multi-lingual copy writing skills. You’ll need to have your finger on the pulse of social media platforms, trends and opportunities.
Day to day, your role includes:
- Daily monitoring and community management of multiple social media accounts.
- Building of content calendars and scheduling of content in line with social media best practice.
- Accurately engaging with social media queries or comments across multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube) in line with brand tone and guidelines.
- Scheduling social media posts accurately and timeously in line with content calendar.
- Building content calendars in line with social media best practice.
- Monitoring and measuring the impact of content, and analyzing, reviewing and contributing to the delivery of Social Media reports.
- Working with the social media and account management teams to support any agency and client requirements through administrative, community management and research tasks.
- Reading and understanding Content Strategy Documents, giving input where you feel you can add value.
- Coordinating and executing social media competition and prize draws, working closely with the account management and production teams.
- Creation and management of effective crisis management communication
- Social media event coverage (during and after work hours in line with Covid regulations)
- Looking out for and assessing opportunities to engage the brand’s followers at the next level.
- Immersing yourself in local and international news, always on the lookout for opportunities to be tactical.
- Staying on top of trends, tools & applications.
Experience & Skillset
The successful new candidate will be passionate about the advertising and communications industry, highly motivated with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
The following attributes are also essential:
- Have excellent multi-lingual writing skills backed by strong inter-personal skills.
- Highly organized
- Easily self-manage
- A passion for creating content for brands on social media channels.
- Being deadline driven and pulling out all the stops to ensure that assigned tasks are completed accurately and on time.
- Have a presence on all the latest social media platforms and understanding of social media ad-units.
- Have an 'always-on' approach to life; up for the challenges of working both remotely/virtually and from the office in line with the challenges of the COVID 19 pandemic. (weekend ork will be required for monitoring and scheduling posts)
- Find satisfaction in closing conversations successfully and accurately on social channels.
- Enjoy unlocking proactive social ideas.
- Have a willingness to learn and progress.
- Attendance of live events and live posting
- Deep understanding of the South African consumer, across all consumer segments
- Socially-networked and socially-outgoing
- Minimum 2 years Community Management experience (Brand/Digital brands)
- Qualification in Digital Marketing
- Experience in the Advertising Agency environment and Media industry will be a definite advantage.
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Able to remain calm in a highly pressurized environment
- Creative “out of the box” strategic thinker
- Problem solver / solution driven
- Meticulous with attention to detail
- Flexible to work beyond normal office hours (overtime if and when required)
- Comfortable to work from the Publicis Groupe office (on-site)
- We are approachable & globally supportive.
- We are in this together and solution orientated.
- We always do the right thing.
- We are never afraid.
Digitas Liquorice is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits any forms of Discrimination or Harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees in line with our Employment Equity Plan. All appointments will be based on qualifications, experience and best fit but preference will be given to candidates from designated groups.
Interested candidates must please submit a concise CV for review.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after submitting your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.