Social Media Manager
Digitas Liquorice is the Connected Marketing agency, built on the principle that there are better ways for brands to connect with people. We leverage comprehensive data, technology, creative, media and strategy capabilities to deliver Media-Fueled Creativity via connected Solutions that include Connected Campaigns, Social Marketing, Brand Experience, CRM & Loyalty, and Marketing Transformation. Digitas Liquorice South Africa has Head Offices in JHB and CT with over 220 Unicorns delivering connected end-to-end solutions for our clients across SSA. Visit www.liquorice.co.za for more about us and what we do. We are also connected to 6 600 Digitas Unicorns across over 30 countries and 50 offices around the world.
We’re looking for a Social Media Manager with a strong understanding of social media best practice and the ability to develop social media ideas in line with brand objectives and platform nuances to join our team, working from our Johannesburg office.
What you’ll do:
As a social media manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day social media delivery on key clients assigned to your portfolio. This includes the delivery of social media strategies, content plans, community management tasks and social media reporting. You will be required to work alongside creative teams to deliver social media concepts as part of the agency’s integrated creative solutions.
Day to day, your role includes:
- Day-to-day social media custodian on the brand(s) you are assigned to.
- Articulate and interrogate client needs based on the brand and business strategy, ensuring the right social media opportunities are identified.
- Develop, construct and present compelling social media strategies and concepts to clients, either by originating or adapting global social media campaigns to incorporate local nuances.
- Use research and research tools to unearth original and innovative social media insights and provide a high-quality interpretation of research findings.
- Develop creative social media concepts that are in line with the overall ATL Media//Digital strategy and positively contribute to the creative review process to ensure consistent application of a big idea across multiple touchpoints.
- Develop content plans that deliver against the campaign objectives and align to the budget/time allocation of the campaign.
- Work closely with strategic media planner to ensure integration of creative and (social) media strategies.
- Implement community management tactics as part of social media campaign plans.
- Implement social media best practice across portfolio of clients, ensuring social media page performance and creative optimisation.
- Schedule and post content in line with content plan.
- Constantly monitor social media campaigns and projects to ensure they are meeting client objectives.
- Report on the performance of all campaigns. Analyse and interpret data, research or post campaign reports and suggest solutions to optimize campaigns across all media platforms.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of all social media trends, platform developments and best practice, ensuring this is shared with direct reports, the broader account management, creative, social, content marketing and strategy team.
- Manage the performance of direct reports in line with the agency processes, inspiring excellence in Social Media and Community Management.
- Manage your time and deadlines to meet client expectations. Weekwork/Public holidays where required needs to be factored in.
We’re looking for a talented Social Media Manager with impressive work experience, which typically includes:
- Relevant marketing/communications diploma/degree including up to date social media platform certifications.
- Social Media Management in an agency environment of 4+ years
- Strong understanding of social and digital media best practice
- Experience with industry-specific listening, analytics and research tools (Brandwatch, Falcon Sprinklr, SproutSocial, Meltwater, or similar)
- Working within an agency environment in a similar role is an advantage
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Able to remain calm in a highly pressurized environment
- Creative “out of the box” strategic thinker
- Problem solver / solution driven
- Meticulous with attention to detail
- Flexible to work beyond normal office hours (overtime if and when required)
- Comfortable to work from the Publicis Groupe office (on-site)
- We are approachable & globally supportive.
- We are in this together and solution orientated.
- We always do the right thing.
- We are never afraid.
Digitas Liquorice is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits any forms of Discrimination or Harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees in line with our Employment Equity Plan. All appointments will be based on qualifications, experience and best fit but preference will be given to candidates from designated groups.
Interested candidates must please submit a concise CV for review.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after submitting your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.