Digital Designer (Mid Level)
Digitas is the Connected Marketing agency, built on the principle that there are better ways for brands to connect with people. We leverage comprehensive data, technology, creative, media and strategy capabilities to deliver Media-Fueled Creativity via connected Solutions that include Connected Campaigns, Social Marketing, Brand Experience, CRM & Loyalty, and Marketing Transformation. A Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Global Marketing Agencies for six consecutive years, Digitas serves the world’s leading brands through a global network comprised of more than 4,000 employees across over 30 countries and 50 offices. For more information visit www.digitas.com.
We are seeking a UX Digital Designer who will have the opportunity to work on our exciting, challenging and diverse globally recognized brands. We are looking for a user-experience designer responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience.
We are looking for someone with both breadth and key areas of focused expertise: if you're a creative thinker with a strong portfolio and a passion for designing beautiful, unique and thoughtful digital user experiences, we should talk.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Execute top quality design work in line with agency standards
- Manage the quality of design throughout all phases of a project
- Mentor and manage Designers and Junior Designers
- Evaluate and collect all user requirements, and collaborate with product engineers and managers to create user experiences and interfaces with the user's needs in mind.
- Identify and resolve UX issues.
- Illustrate design concepts, use sitemaps, process flows, and storyboards.
- Create graphic user interface elements such as tabs, widgets, and menus.
- Make page navigation buttons and search fields.
- Create UI mockups and prototypes that clearly show how sites work and look.
- Prepare and present rough draughts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Present concepts and ideas to colleagues, executive members, and clients.
- Make layout changes based on user feedback. Follow font, color, and image style guidelines.
- Use insights from user interactions as input for design decisions.
- Attend design and business strategy meetings and presentations.
- Conduct regular research on user experience.
- Stay up to date with all of the industry’s trends and best practices.
The ideal person
- Strong portfolio and elevated sense of design: you know the difference between “good” and “great” and are able to work through team dynamics, clients and timelines to deliver excellent design
- Systems thinking: you can logically visualize complex systems, information architectures, user interaction flows and beautiful user interfaces.
- User centered perspective: You understand and can articulate a human-centered approach to design and be comfortable going out into the world for inspiration.
- Prototyping skills: You are ready to learn from failure, embrace an iterative process and you understand that success comes sooner with trial and error. You have experience in creating both low and high fidelity design deliverables.
- Team skills: You work best in a participatory, team-based environment. You support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction, vision, and planning of all aspects of interaction design deliverables.
- Communication skills: You have strong verbal and visual presentation skills. You demonstrate a clear “point‐of‐view” relating to their design. You understand the value of design and brand within a business context.
- Consulting chops: You should feel comfortable throughout all phases of a project, from translating verbal ideas into visual concepts, through design development and refinement, to creating production-ready artwork.
- Openness: You need to be flexible and open-minded. Successful candidates are optimistic, generative, and open the new ideas and ways of working.
- At least four to five years’ experience in a design studio or creative consultancy
- Expertise in UX software such as Figma, Adobe XD and Sketch. Experience in Invision, Principle, Webflow, Proto.Io, Framer, Vectr, Atomic, Easee, Origami would be advantageous.
- Solid experience in conceptualizing interaction design, transitions and animations.
- Prototyping high fidelity mockups with interaction design and animation.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Able to remain calm in a highly pressurized environment
- Creative “out of the box” strategic thinker
- Problem solver / solution driven
- Meticulous with attention to detail
- Flexible to work beyond normal office hours (overtime if and when required)
- Comfortable to work from the Publicis Groupe office (on-site)
- We are approachable & globally supportive.
- We are in this together and solution orientated.
- We always do the right thing.
- We are never afraid.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits any forms of Discrimination or Harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees in line with our Employment Equity Plan. All appointments will be based on qualifications, experience and best fit but preference will be given to candidates from designated groups.
Interested candidates must please submit a concise CV and portfolio.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after submitting your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.