Digitas Liquorice is the Connected Marketing agency, built on the principle that there are better ways for brands to connect with people. We leverage comprehensive data, technology, creative, media and strategy capabilities to deliver Media-Fueled Creativity via connected Solutions that include Connected Campaigns, Social Marketing, Brand Experience, CRM & Loyalty, and Marketing Transformation. Digitas Liquorice South Africa has Head Offices in JHB and CT with over 220 Unicorns delivering connected end-to-end solutions for our clients across SSA. Visit www.liquorice.co.za for more about us and what we do. We are also connected to 6 600 Digitas Unicorns across over 30 countries and 50 offices around the world. Got what it takes?
We’re looking for an experienced UX Designer, to create beautiful, compelling digital experiences for apps, sites and lots of things that probably don’t exist yet from project concept through execution. You will help develop concepts and produce quality visual designs, animations and prototypes and be part of an outstanding team of experts that do the same.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Sketch and design digital experiences
- Inform motion design of interactive experiences
- Storyboard complex interactions
- Communicate and articulate design rationales
- Partner with other great people doing great work
- Learning whatever skill it takes to deliver something incredible
- Execute top quality design work in line with agency standards
- Manage the quality of design throughout all phases of a project
- Mentor and manage Junior Designers
- Participate constructively in inter-department and cross-service line communications
- Work with Copywriters and Creative Director to ensure design work exceeds client expectations
The ideal person
- Has a proven ability to produce cutting edge creative work, and a master-level understanding of design, including typography and layout
- Exhibits exceptional communication skills within the agency team and with clients
- Has great presentation skills
- Has solid experience in creating creative campaign visuals, experience in UI design (websites and apps), as well as proficiency in using After Effects to bring relevant projects to life using motion and animation skills.
- Is a master of Photoshop and has strong skills in Illustrator, After Effects and Figma. Should be up-to-date on emerging interactive design trends
- Can lead a team and mentor junior team members
- A four year degree from a strong design program
- Proficiency in Mac OSX, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Figma, Microsoft Office and Acrobat
- Experience designing for the web and mobile
- An unhealthy obsession with typography
- A robust portfolio of work across devices and mediums
- An interest in photography or photo editing
- Endless curiosity
- Basic prototyping ability
- A negative physical reaction to seeing bad design
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Able to remain calm in a highly pressurized environment
- Creative “out of the box” strategic thinker
- Problem solver / solution driven
- Meticulous with attention to detail
- Flexible to work beyond normal office hours (overtime if and when required)
- Comfortable to work from the Publicis Groupe office (on-site)
- We are approachable & globally supportive.
- We are in this together and solution orientated.
- We always do the right thing.
- We are never afraid.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits any forms of Discrimination or Harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees in line with our Employment Equity Plan. All appointments will be based on qualifications, experience and best fit but preference will be given to candidates from designated groups.
Interested candidates must please submit a concise CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after submitting your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.