Business Unit Director
Digitas Liquorice is the Connected Marketing agency, built on the principle that there are better ways for brands to connect with people. We leverage comprehensive data, technology, creative, media and strategy capabilities to deliver Media-Fueled Creativity via connected Solutions that include Connected Campaigns, Social Marketing, Brand Experience, CRM & Loyalty, and Marketing Transformation. Digitas Liquorice South Africa has Head Offices in JHB and CT with over 220 Unicorns delivering connected end-to-end solutions for our clients across SSA. Visit www.liquorice.co.za for more about us and what we do. We are also connected to 6 600 Digitas Unicorns across over 30 countries and 50 offices around the world.
We’re looking for a Business Unit Director who’ll lead the troops in driving this growth. It’s no small task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. If you’re up for it, read on.
What you’ll do:
You’ll have a deep understanding of the digital marketing world and the client relationship, manage resource allocation profitably, and effectively lead teams to create, implement and measure strategic deliverables. Day to day, your role includes:
- Client lead and support on a large portfolio of clients
- Eloquently articulating our views on digital business philosophies, keeping clients up to date on industry context
- Taking on an influential role in supporting new business initiatives and leveraging client relationships in the development of business growth
- Maintaining a strong understanding of changes in the client’s industry and how customer needs are adapting and developing relevant case studies on client businesses.
- Deliver strategic client presentations and providing recommendations that are concise, insightful and on point.
- Partnering with clients and capability partners to build active brands.
- Owning the financials for clients, including forecasts, budgets and investments – ensuring that key financial responsibilities are mutually understood and agreed upon.
- Developing team members through training and identifying areas for growth – you’ll coach them to close talent gaps and motivate them to develop skills
- Driving the culture of Digitas and managing capabilities to adapt to changing environments and needs.
- Overseeing deliverables of extended internal team to ensure client needs are met
- Incorporating Delivery Management group (DM) on projects when complexity of project calls for their need
- Willingness to travel as needed – you’re open to new places, new faces and new ideas
We’re looking for a talented Business Unit Director with impressive work experience, which typically includes:
- A demonstrated powerful passion for marketing and proven success in bringing the best work to life.
- Four years of college education, 6yrs years of experience (ideally at a creative agency), including eight years of client leadership experience in integrated marketing or a digital scope.
- A refined understanding of how marketing, creative, planning, media, technology and analytics integrate.
- Superior analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Superb communication, presentation, and training skills – you’re articulate, concise, engaging and effective
- An impressive track record of project management and performance management skills – you’re known for your ability to coach and develop talent, inspire and drive change, and bring varied groups together to collaborate
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Able to remain calm in a highly pressurized environment
- Creative “out of the box” strategic thinker
- Problem solver / solution driven
- Meticulous with attention to detail
- Flexible to work beyond normal office hours (overtime if and when required)
- Comfortable to work from the Publicis Groupe office (on-site)
- We are approachable & globally supportive.
- We are in this together and solution orientated.
- We always do the right thing.
- We are never afraid.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits any forms of Discrimination or Harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees in line with our Employment Equity Plan. All appointments will be based on qualifications, experience and best fit but preference will be given to candidates from designated groups.
Interested candidates must please submit a concise CV including a link to your portfolio (where applicable)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after submitting your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.