Senior Controller (m/f/d)
Publicis Groupe is the global agency partner for NIVEA, the world’s leading skin-care brand, for every market globally. For NIVEA we have built a bespoke agency called Publicis One Touch, a name that embodies the NIVEA brand purpose of ‘The Power of Touch’.
Publicis One Touch is a new agency model designed to help transform NIVEA’s communication model from a TV centric approach to one rooted in the consumer journey leveraging the range of touchpoints and channels that are relevant to consumers today. In order to do that we must bring together data, creativity and technology to help build a truly integrated approach to the Nivea brand. This model is designed to dramatically improve the effectiveness, efficiency, creativity and consistency of NIVEA marketing.
To deliver the creative scope and the implementation we will have powerhouses across 9 hubs in New York, Sao Paulo, Cape Town, Dubai, Mumbai, Shanghai, Bangkok, Moscow and Hamburg. The Agency is led from Hamburg HQ, which our core communications clients have moved into, and use a network of Publicis One Touch teams to cover the NIVEA world.
Working at Publicis One Touch not only gives team members the chance to work on an iconic brand at a global level and not just be a part of an agency, but be an essential part of business transformation for Beiersdorf.
As Senior Controller, you oversee the accounting for Publicis One Touch. You will have the responsibility and accountability for the areas outlined below and will report to the finance director of Publicis One Touch.
Major tasks, responsibilities and key accountabilities:
- You will be responsible for the Month End Close
- You oversee the accounts payable function
- You oversee client billing & accounts receivable function
- You ensure compliance with Publicis Groupe internal control requirements
- You lead external and internal audit review processes, including coordination of information from multiple teams
- You will take care of the maintenance of all internal financial systems – ensure all systems tie out for actuals
- You will work with the centralized treasury and tax department to address all corporate and sales tax issues and ensure compliance
- You will be responsible for the policy compliance
- You will support various teams such as HR and Implementation
- You will develop and monitore business performance metrics
- You will compile financial reporting for internal and external addresses
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- Several years of accounting experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Business Administration or a similar field
- Demonstrated experience working within a service-related company, advertising industry/media experience is preferred
- Proven ability to thrive in fast paced environment
- Attention to detail is essential
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent accounting and analytical skills
- Strong excel and systems skills essential
- Experience with and affinity for process development, improvement and implementation
- SAP experience preferred
- Self-driven, independent working abilities, open-minded team-player with intercultural skills, hands-on mentality, comfortable with driving and managing change
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Creative, innovative and interesting projects for a globally trusted and successful brand. An interesting job in which you can take responsibility and develop yourself. A dynamic, friendly team and a good working atmosphere. Flat hierarchies, short decision-making paths: so a lot of creative freedom for you.
A generous office at the heart of Hamburg. An international team with 17 nationalities alone at our HQ in Hamburg. An ambitious yet fun start-up culture that successfully manages to build a great team even through the very challenging times under Covid restrictions. All you need to be successful, inspired, quench your thirst and feed your brain.