Intern, 4 months.
We are Influence. Impact.
Transformation is our DNA and we live and breathe it at MSL. As part of the fast evolving PR discipline, we are constantly innovating and making it our mission to ensure we are thinking and doing the next and the new. Which makes our environment a very agile and exciting place to work!
MSL is an award winning agency, including winner of the SabreAwards, Canadian PR Agency of the Year for 2019!
MSL is known as a consumer powerhouse, specializing in delivering multichannel, creative campaigns for some of the world’s most iconic brands. All our campaigns lead with creative storytelling and are rooted in big ideas driven by sophisticated data insights.
MSL are trailblazers in influencer marketing, having created some of this country’s most recognized campaigns. We were there over twelve years ago navigating the social influencer space and as a result, we’ve pioneered truly unique approaches to reaching Canadians through influencer content. As part of our thirst for continual evolution, we have further transitioned and made the leap to expand our capabilities into digital marketing, managing high profile social and digital campaigns for several CPG and healthcare brands.
As part of the Publicis One network, we have a close working relationship with our sister agencies, including Leo Burnett, Saatchi & Saatchi and Zenith.
We are passionate about culture. Built on a foundation of collaboration, we are excited by innovation, and our employees are encouraged to aspire to entrepreneurialism. MSL is a place where your voice is heard and your opinion counts. We are leaders in our space on a growth trajectory. Our existing team of highly engaged individuals are constantly pushing themselves to succeed, working on stimulating challenges in a variety of areas that push us to think in a different way. We have a focused commitment to career development and personal success; we care about our people and cultivating a great environment where people feel proud to work.
MSL Canada has offices in Toronto and Montreal and is proud to be a part of MSLGROUP, Publicis Groupe’s global strategic communications and engagement network.
We are seeking an eager, enthusiastic and highly collaborative individual with a strong interest in supporting our team and clients at MSLGroup Canada, as well as learning the ropes of PR. If you are someone who loves to pitch in and help with whatever needs to be done in order to help our clients and teams succeed, then this role is for you.
See some of the amazing work you’ll do below!
PR and Social Media:
- Developing and supporting PR and social media communication deliverables to meet client objectives, including pitching magazines, bloggers, online publications, newspapers, television, radio, etc.
- Drafting and editing media materials including editorial pieces, media advisories, press releases, fact sheets and briefing books. Strong writing skills are required.
- Building relationships with media contacts and management of media lists.
- Written and verbal outreach with media contacts
- Assisting with influencers campaign management, including but not limited to, researching influencers, providing rationale, metrics and potential outputs as well a developing relationship with them.
- Strategic thinking capabilities to support the development of innovative campaigns; a creative thinker
- Social monitoring and supporting research
- Providing timely feedback to management on progress against goals
- Event logistics support as needed
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Ongoing tracking and knowledge of industry & brand best practices for PR and social media
Support and Administration:
- Supporting PR and social team with media drops, running errands, sending couriers, etc.
- Assisting with keeping the MSL common areas tidy and client ready at all times (i.e clearing white boards before and after meetings and brainstorms)
- Managing mail and courier packages for delivery and pick up, including signing for couriers, completing waybills and maintaining logs for tracking purposes
- Performing various other administrative duties to assist the MSLteam and partners, as required
Our successful candidate will possess some of the following attributes below. This is just a starting point – if you feel you don’t meet the suggested experience and/or skills, we still encourage you to apply!
Who you are:
- Post-graduate diploma, degree or certificate in Public Relations, Corporate Communications or related discipline
- Excellent communication skills, dynamic, team player, excellent time management and organizational skills and is detail-oriented
- Experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. is a strong asset
What we're offering
- Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact working on some of the biggest brands out there!
- A culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth and collaboration
- Work with top talent at an award-winning agency on a serious growth trajectory
- A focused commitment to career development and personal success – let us help you
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package including substantial time off policies (like really. It’s a big deal)
- Oh, and did we mention the perks?! Work from home days; parental leave top-up program; annual summer offsites; regular social events; teams and clubs; weekly pilates and discounted gym membership; snacks, drinks and breakfast, just to name a few #workperks
- All staff meetings so you’re always in the know
Thank you very much for your interest in working at MSL Canada. We look forward to meeting you!
MSL Canada is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.