Account Director (m/f/d)
Publicis Groupe is the global agency partner for NIVEA, the world’s leading skin-care brand, for every market globally. For NIVEA we have built a bespoke agency called Publicis One Touch, a name that embodies the NIVEA brand purpose of ‘The Power of Touch’.
Publicis One Touch is a new agency model designed to help transform NIVEA’s communication model from a TV centric approach to one rooted in the consumer journey leveraging the range of touchpoints and channels that are relevant to consumers today. In order to do that we must bring together data, creativity and technology to help build a truly integrated approach to the Nivea brand. This model is designed to dramatically improve the effectiveness, efficiency, creativity and consistency of NIVEA marketing.
To deliver the creative scope and the implementation we will have powerhouses across 9 hubs in New York, Sao Paulo, Cape Town, Dubai, Mumbai, Shanghai, Bangkok, Moscow and Hamburg. The Agency is led from Hamburg HQ, which our core communications clients have moved into, and use a network of Publicis One Touch teams to cover the NIVEA world.
Working at Publicis One Touch not only gives team members the chance to work on an iconic brand at a global level and not just be a part of an agency, but be an essential part of business transformation for Beiersdorf.
This is a chance to join arguably the most exciting creative opportunity within the agency to work as an Account Director on NIVEA Men. The role will be central to the effective and creatively focused running of the account, while also key to the professional growth of junior team members. A few further points below:
- We’re looking for someone with a drive to continuously create better work and push the creative agenda for the brand / category
- Account director owns the client relationship on assigned category, becoming the go-to for key strategic and creative discussions
- Whilst retention and growth of accounts is a key responsibility, the expectation is that Account Director will also generate new business within current clients
- Account director is responsible for orchestrating multidisciplinary teams, guiding efficient and productive teamwork across disciplines all in the name of brilliant creative
- Understanding agency revenue and profitability model is key for this position. As well as ensuring work is completed within budget by project. Account director owns the revenue and forecast for the brand and determines and negotiates budget needs; provides input to fee development
- In this position, account director would also be responsible for keeping the management informed of account status, problems, plans, and meetings and gets senior management involved as needed
- 4+ years in account management or in leading strategic marketing plans
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience managing junior team members
- Knowledge and experience in working on a global brand, understanding localization and transcreation (not mandatory)
- Creative, pro-active, detail oriented and organised personality
- Exhibits integrity, trust and a healthy dose of curiosity
Creative, innovative and interesting projects for a globally trusted and successful brand. An interesting job in which you can take responsibility and develop yourself. A dynamic, friendly team and a good working atmosphere. Flat hierarchies, short decision-making paths: so a lot of creative freedom for you.
A generous office at the heart of Hamburg. An international team with 17 nationalities alone at our HQ in Hamburg. An ambitious yet fun start-up culture that successfully manages to build a great team even through the very challenging times under Covid restrictions. All you need to be successful, inspired, quench your thirst and feed your brain.
Our recruiting procedures have been adjusted to ensure the health and safety of our candidates and our people remain a priority. All of our interviews are now taking place via phone and video conferencing. Thank you very much for your understanding.