We are a creative consultancy on a mission to accelerate the transition to a positive future where business and Society thrive. To do that we deploy big, bold ideas coupled with deep issues expertise and creative thinking. That is how we make sustainability the attractive option for all audiences.
For close to 25 years we have been delivering ambitious sustainability strategies and change programmes for the world’s leading brands. We do this by bringing energy and passion to every project we touch. Always asking ‘why not?’ Always set on finding solutions.
These are the principles we lead and work by:
• BULLSHIT HAS NO HOME: Honest, hard thinking must come first. Deep sustainability knowledge and no fluff. We bring expertise, insight and intel to every issue and every challenge. No lazy thinking, no short cuts.
• CREATIVITY WITH INTENT: Sustainability needs creativity more than ever - a unique creativity, built on deep knowledge and ambition. Creativity with intent: to find new solutions to old problems, to make sustainability mainstream and attractive to all audiences.
• COLLABORATION IS AN ACTION, NOT A WORD: We care and we look out for eachother. We partner for success – with colleagues, with sister agencies, with clients and with stakeholders. We are all in this together and our success comes from collaboration, not competition.
Who you'll be
We're on the lookout for an up-and-coming Reporting Designer with a passion for publication/editorial design to support our creative team in the design of the integrated report work that we do for some of our biggest clients.
You'll be a strong creative designer with a keen eye for detail, layout and typography and a knack for contributing well-thought out, creative ideas and concepts behind your work.
What you’ll do
First things first: we don’t do boring reports.
We are a creative agency at the service of driving progress on sustainability for our clients and that takes creative thinking and creative muscle. We are continually looking for new ways to change perceptions on what reporting needs to look like to help our clients deliver on progress.
- You will work closely with our team of Designers and production specialists to create outstanding designs for high quality reports with our biggest brands.
- Working on projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting your deadlines with the support of our Seniors and Directors
- Following the correct design processes and creating excellent deliverables for projects
- You’re keen to progress your career and have a sponge-like attitude to learning and developing your skills further with an eye on your next move with us.
Who you’ll do it with
Your role will be within our Reporting Design team managed by the Reporting Design Director as part of a larger design team, all headed up by the Creative Director and Director of Creative Strategy.
What it takes
- Being motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a good communicator
- Having a keen eye for detail
- Super organised with a solid work ethic – you thrive on delivering
- Open to collaboration and take feedback constructively using it to exceed expectations
- Taking responsibility for your work
- Going the extra mile for our clients – getting to know them and understanding their needs
- Bringing new ideas, thinking and approaches to the table
- Most importantly, a willingness to learn and progress – we want you to do great things at Salterbaxter so we’ll be behind you at every step!
What you’ll need
- A solid base of experience in a design role
- Ideally experience and/or passion for publication/editorial design.
- A keen interest in typography and layout. You get irritated by sloppy grid systems!
- The ability to create information graphics would be a bonus
- The ability to join the dots between good story-telling and design — finding creative ways to bring a message to life.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects is a bonus but not necessary
- Previous knowledge of working on corporate reporting is preferred but if you don’t have that, we want to see some passion for getting into this field of design
- The culture at Salterbaxter is very special — you’ll need to contribute to help us ensure that it just keeps getting better
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary and benefits that include pension, life assurance and healthcare
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
- Bespoke training and development courses available as appropriate
- Season ticket loan and company cycle scheme
- Free access to onsite gym
- Discounted staff coffee bar and discounted food & drinks at onsite pub etc
Diversity and inclusion is a core part of who we are at Salter Baxter. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, celebrates and supports our wonderfully diverse employee group – whatever their age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability or ethnicity. Diversity and inclusion doesn’t just fuel our creativity and innovation, it brings us closer to our people and audiences. We will continue to strive to create a culture and environment where everyone feels empowered and more importantly comfortable enough to bring their full, authentic selves to work. As part of our dedication to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Groupe UK is committed to equal access to opportunity for people without regard to race, age, sex, disability, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities and for candidates in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.