Head of MCR
Responsible for: Department personnel and workflow management including - DataIO, Colour Session Conform and Prep, assisting Colourists before during and after client sessions including colour matching and grade work as directed, project archiving, general data management, QC, Delivery
Project and workload planning in partnership with Cheat producers.
Important internal relationships:
- Reporting to Head of Production and Managing Director
- Line manager to the MCR team
- Conduit from Production team to Colour Assists + MCR team for booking allocation and project specific information
Important external relationships:
- Manage client experience from technical perspective, working with the production team to ensure all materials are delivered by client to specification, and all deliverables are to the highest standards and delivered on schedule
Purpose of the role:
- Department lead, overseeing all MCR and Colour Assist operations
- To conform, prep and organise files and edits
- To be positive and ensure that all visitors to CHEAT are looked after in a personable manner
- To online edit / do final delivery when necessary
- Support production and colour / online departments in completing their tasks.
- Managing and executing backups
- Suggest improvements in processes and equipment to MDs and engineering team, owning the actioning of these improvements directly or indirectly
- Other duties as required
Key Result Areas:
- Positive reviews and experience from clients at CHEAT
- Being active in seeking improvements in client experience at CHEAT
- Being active in seeking improvements in overall workflow efficiency at CHEAT
- No poor conforms, errors, missed qc issues or missed deadlines
- Be punctual to all meetings and business engagements.
- Be polite, and active in greeting and building relationships with clients.
- Positively represent the company at all times.
- Remain polite and calm under pressure.
- Go above and beyond the role in delivering work.
- Identify inefficiencies and drive change and improvement.
Personal and Team Responsibilities:
- Please see above points. Additionally;
- Answering phone calls inside and outside of office opening hours.
- Emailing clients inside and outside of office opening hours.
- Backup process
- Extended experience of DaVinci Resolve, Premiere, Final Cut and Avid.
- Personal styles of Colourists at CHEAT
- How to copy another colourists style/ finish off grades
- File management and conform process
- Colour science
- Codecs, workflows and post practices
- Using the phone system
- Time management