New Grad Program- Associate Data Solutions Engineer
Epsilon is seeking an Associate Data Solutions Engineer to participate in our New Grad Program. As a Big Data Solutions Associate, you’ll be working at a petabyte scale and in an ever-changing technology stack. You will work with operational teams on the creation of new datasets collected from the billions of internet interactions that Epsilon sees every day. You will also gain an understanding of how Epsilon receives data offline from its customers and will work closely with many of our internal teams. You will learn and work with Kibana, Elastic Search, Logstash, Python, Greenplum, and Postgres.
As a participant in the New Grad Program, you will have the opportunity to fast-track your career with Epsilon. The program includes an 8-week training curriculum (both professional & job specific training), a formal mentoring partnership, various networking opportunities (speed networking events, leader meet & greets, group lunches and social events), and long-term career guidance.
Responsibilities May Include (All or Some) Tasks Below:
- Enable a data driven organization mine through its vast collection of data assets
- Support the technical infrastructure on multiple MPP database platforms, including connectivity/cross querying abilities in Hadoop clusters
- Develop code, data tables, and reports to support client-facing custom analytics
- Create efficiencies through automation or enhancement of existing processes
- Aid in the design and creation of data and reporting systems for media modeling and optimization efforts
- Actively participate in the development of complex data initiatives, including gathering of requirements, technical specifications, and prototyping
- Bachelor’s degree with Technical concentration required
- Basic understanding of SQL and Python required
- Linux command line interface experience a plus
- Experience in Perl or other scripting languages or developing inside of a BI tool suite a plus
- Experience with MapReduce and/or any other Hadoop base experience a plus
- Excellent listening and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work in a team and build effective relationships
- Self-starter, with strong initiative and an entrepreneurial attitude
When you’re one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, we’ve been helping marketers from the world’s top brands personalize experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge technology, solutions and services. Epsilon’s best-in-class identity gives brands a clear, privacy-safe view of their customers, which they can use across our suite of digital media, messaging and loyalty solutions. We process 400+ billion consumer actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology, including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy advancements. Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon has been consistently recognized as industry-leading by Forrester, Adweek and the MRC. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around the world. Check out a few of these resources to learn more about what makes Epsilon so EPIC:
- Culture: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/our-culture-epsilon
- DE&I: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/diversity-equity-inclusion
- CSR: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/corporate-social-responsibility
- Life at Epsilon: https://www.epsilon.com/us/about-us/epic-blog
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.