Digital Media Supervisor - APEX Exchange
- 175 Bloor St E, Toronto, ON M4W 3R8, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Publicis Media is one of Canada’s fastest growing Media Agency networks. The secret sauce? A pool of talented individuals who learn from each other (while tapping into global centres of excellence) and transparency at the core of everything we do, from data reporting to billing all the way to agency leadership. The result is a blend of meaningful work for some of Canadas’ favorite brands and endless opportunities to grow for our team members.
PMX (Publicis Media Exchange) is the commercial arm of Publicis Media, driving and delivering value for clients, while fostering and building marketplace leading partnerships with media owners. PMX drives value for the brand agencies through intelligent investment and centres of excellence within buying and digital practices such as television, radio, ooh, search, social, programmatic and ecommerce. APEX Exchange is focused on delivering unique opportunities to our clients via value-based services.
Publicis Media Canada is proud to be Great Places to Work™ certified and recognized with Best Workplaces™ for Today’s Youth. We provide continuing opportunities for career growth by fostering a diverse work environment that respects and supports individual contributions and opinions.
We also offer our employees market leading benefit and incentive programs. You’ll be provided with 3 weeks minimum vacation to start plus additional long weekend Publicis days, holidays closures, your birthday off, free Headspace memberships, wellness and technology credits, and a market leading savings plan.
We strive to provide what matters to you personally with the ability to choose and modify programs to suit your lifestyle.
The Digital Media Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Manager or Group Director in the creation and implementation of digital campaigns for their clients. They are also responsible for training and providing guidance to media buyers and assistants. They negotiate with media vendors to secure the most cost effective delivery of objectives; balancing price with quality factors. The negotiation is reflective of the strategy & brand requirements of approved campaigns in digital in a team environment.
This role requires a candidate who is analytical, math proficient, and well organized with great attention to detail. The candidate must be well informed of the digital landscape (display, social, native, programmatic), trends and research.
APEX is a newer division of Publicis Groupe in Canada, the candidate chosen will help build processes, be a self-starter, highly accountable person able to work with minimal supervision.
- Train media assistants and media buyers – Provide guidance to ensure their successful professional development
- Overseeing the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of digital buyers and assistants’ work
- Contribute to the media industry knowledge, including keeping clients up to date with industry best practices, measurements, and analytics
- Proactively suggest opportunities to improve processes
- Lead and/or attend meetings with clients
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Buying media as required within the team for clients
- Negotiate approved executions – Digital
- Work with media vendors regarding tactical aspects of the media buy to achieve campaign objectives and/or fulfill a client request
- Manage contracts/ insertion orders and any resulting revisions with media vendors
- Execute trafficking sheets and input buys into Prisma
- Actualize media spending
- Optimize media campaigns
- Assist with financials
- Clearing of invoices
- Prepare/develop reports in PowerPoint & Excel – routine & custom reports
- Usage of all media related systems
- Media management - Prisma/DDS, DCM
- Media Research - ComScore, Double Verify
- Internal – Digital buying team, Digital Manager/Planner, Finance
- External - Client (pre & post buy presentations), Media Sales reps, Media Systems reps
- Minimum of Associate Degree in Media, Bachelor’s degree a plus/preferred
- Track record of success throughout post-secondary career and previous employment
- Minimum of 4+ years of digital media buying
- Experience training junior members of a team/ overseeing team projects and ensuring deadlines are met
- Highly accountable
- History of developing positive on-going client relationships
- Media systems’ proficiency (DDS, Prisma, ComScore)
- Strong analytical & math proficiency skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Technical proficiency, particularly with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Able to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Tough but fair negotiator
- Good under pressure
- Quick learner
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Take responsibility and ownership of projects, whilst working in a fast paced environment
Publicis Media is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We create and nurture a vibrant work environment that celebrates, values and leverages all aspects of diversity and inclusiveness, attracts world-class talent and serves as the industry benchmark for best practices. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will provide appropriate accommodation for candidates with disabilities or accessibility needs throughout the recruitment process, upon request. Please contact our recruiter for any questions, accommodations or specific requests. We thank all candidates for their interest in Publicis Media however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.