Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, PMX Consulting
Publicis Groupe (Euronext Paris Exchange: FR0000130577; CAC 40 index), is the world’s third largest communications group. Publicis Global Media Operations (PGMO), is a Groupe wide practice driving transformation across Publicis solution hubs through a connected global network, proprietary technology, and consistent and scalable best in-class processes; empowering global marketing and digital business transformation.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, PMX Consulting EMEA will be responsible for supporting and contributing towards the overall revenue performance of PMX Consulting, to deliver digital analytics solutions for informing and enhancing biddable and digital advertising strategies with a focus on developing tools to derive data driven insights and advanced analytics. The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst solves strategic marketing challenges through the exposure and application of advanced data sets to ensure clients’ digital investments are as efficient as possible, eliminating any and all forms of waste due to bidding strategies, inventory usage, fraud, and audience segmentation.
This role’s primary focus is to support the EMEA regional agency teams and clients by collaborating closely with the Global, Analytics Consulting Team which serves as the analytics arm for solutions enablement within the PMX Consulting Product organisation. Working collaboratively with agency and Publicis colleagues to isolate and generate insights that elevate our client services and solve our clients’ most pressing marketing challenges. This can include developing reporting visualisations, analytics research, case study development, fraud investigations, and consulting with product teams to develop scalable data solutions with Groupe-wide application.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst is an energetic individual who possesses a combination of problem solving, attention to detail, professional communication and strong analytical skills while working as an integral part of the Publicis Media Exchange (PMX) Consulting practice. The role requires the ability to proactively identify opportunities to leverage data and technology to solve business problems as well as take requirements from the Product Management team and translate those into well-designed new features and reporting products. The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst is able to take complex and/or technical analytical work products and present them to audiences with varying levels of analytical and technical expertise.
Data Visualisation Design:
- Take complex data sets and simplify them into automated reports for audiences of varying levels of technical expertise based on requirements gathered by Product Management
- Broad knowledge of at least several advertising technologies such as programmatic, display, search and social (search & social a plus) platforms, ad servers, RTB platforms, ad exchanges, site optimisation platforms, website analytics systems, browsers, etc. and the utilisation of resulting data sets
- Understand the standard workflows and metrics involved in digital marketing programs, including how to traffic a media and data campaign, calculate costs (CPM, CPC, CPA), and measure performance (ROI, ROAS, CTR, CPA, AOV, RPV, Conversion Rate, etc.)
- Assist the Product Management team with roll-in/roll-out functional enhancements and application development, providing customer impressions and feedback
- Provide Global Solutions Product team support on the development of data solutions, including new product and feature roadmap input based on customer and market needs
- Assist users with report and dashboard customisation as necessary
- Contribute and collaborate cross-functionally on idea generation, design and proposal of new and enhanced data insights
- Collaborate with Analytics team members to provide support of existing Analytics products, including troubleshooting and/or reverse engineering of existing products as well as fulfilling incremental product feature requests to existing products
- Ability to assess and QA novel data sets for data quality and accuracy
- Work collaboratively with Solutions Enablement and other internal teams to uncover client needs, priorities, and collaboratively develop data driven insights and solutions
- Participate in requiremets sessions with business stakeholders to understand their needs and to present solutions
- Perform gap analyses on clients’ current architectures, identifying challenges and opportunities
- Specify the scope, tasks, milestones, and deliverables needed in order to successfully present and demonstrate such use-cases
- Provide ad hoc analytics support to agencies and clients, as requested, to solve acute, but high-value, strategic marketing problems
- Work with key stakeholders to understand and clarify marketing strategies, ensure satisfaction and foster trust; deliver a continuous flow of data driven strategies, while securing relationships and positive performance feedback
Marketplace Thought Leadership:
- Keep abreast of industry trends; Uncover and understand the needs and challenges of our Fortune 500 clients; address these through business analysis, recommendations, and ongoing consultation based on our unique information services and ability to assess markets, customers, competitors and prospects
- Identify the feature set required by clients of next generation data products to optimally support all the major data technologies and contribute direction to Publicis Media and agency contacts
- Practice Development & Eminence: support/contribute to the preparation of market-valued intellectual capital and the development of practical data solutions and methodologies, "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to agency and account teams to assist in developing sales pitches and closing sales
- BS required – mathematics, statistics, engineering, finance, or other quantitative field of study preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 4+ years of experience in data visualisation is ideal, Tableau experience a plus
- Relevant experience in digital marketing, programmatic, or analytics preferred
- Prior experience buying media programmatically a plus
- Ability to be a thought and strategic leader for the region
- Experience delivering presentations to senior level or executive audiences
- Must be highly organised, a self-starter, detail oriented and solutions focused
- Must be able to lead, prioritise and manage multiple projects at once
Trust is the cornerstone upon which we build our relationships. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of how a partner should behave. We treat our people and our clients with respect, transparency and honesty.
This is first and foremost a people business. We are committed to ensuring Publicis Groupe a destination for the best talent in our industry. We value people as individuals, growing ourselves as we grow our client’s business.
True transformation comes when we stop managing change, and instead initiate change. We believe in our purpose to be the admired force for business transformation. We believe that focusing on performance and results has the power to transform client business.