Bilingual Senior Media Planner
- 358 Rue Beaubien O, Montréal, QC H2V 4S6, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
We are the Human Experience Company !
We know brands will only thrive if they anticipate people’s desires. We create experiences people love and actions brands need. We are stronger because our commitment to human outcomes is proven to drive better business outcomes. When others dehumanize people as mere data points, we will win by knowing and treating them as human beings.
Starcom has experienced an incredible growth rate over the past years. The network has transformed and moved at the pace of culture. As the Human Experience company we are pleased to offer the opportunity to work from anywhere.
In addition to providing continuing opportunities for career growth we are proud to offer our employees market leading benefit and incentive programs.
You’ll be provided with 3 weeks minimum vacation to start plus additional long weekend Publicis days, holidays closures, your birthday off, free Headspace memberships, wellness and technology credits, and market leading savings and pension plans.
We strive to provide what matters to you personally with the ability to choose and modify programs to suit your lifestyle.
The Bilingual Senior Planner is an important member of a broader strategy team, which pursues and activates against meaningful insights with the goal of driving measurable results. The Bilingual Senior Planner’s key skills-set includes deep analytical skills, math proficiency, and significant creativity, a solid understanding of consumer behavior, strong negotiation skills and great attention to detail.
Starcom has experienced an incredible growth rate over the past years . The network has transformed and moved at the pace of culture. Being a company that is committed to constant evolution we are pleased to offer the opportunity to work from anywhere- in Canada.
- Gather and analyze marketing, industry, and consumer insights data to determine the client’s advertising and media needs
- Analyze media alternatives and make recommendations as to how to best allocate the advertising budget. Plans typically include analysis and recommendations on targeting, geography, scheduling, support level and budget
- Develop understanding of client’s business and competitive landscape
- Assist in developing budget allocations across media resulting in strategic and effective media plans
- Present plans to the client brand group, with assistance where necessary of more senior media team
- Clearly communicate media objectives, strategies and executional guidelines to execution teams
- Work closely with agency partners
- Maintain strong relationships with media suppliers and stay abreast of market conditions
- Campaign maintenance ensuring quality control and adherence to overall media plan objectives. Develop campaign performance documents, including online campaigns
- Utilization and knowledge of syndicated media, research, and other data resources
- Take an active role in client education of the evolution of the media landscape
- Active participation in internal and external status meetings
- Develop/assist with development of POVS
- Active participant in the overall financial process - responsible for collecting and inputting data and ensuring monthly billing is accurate and delivered on deadline
- Fully Bilingual in French and English for verbal and written communication
- Bachelor's degree; degree or concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, and communications preferred
- 3+ years in Media
- Challenges traditional boundaries and demonstrates consistent creative approaches to business problems
- Detail-oriented and able to produce accurate work product
- A keen sense of curiosity
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating
- Able to work successfully within a team, handling high volume workload, and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong analytical abilities & proficiency in math
- Ability to effectively utilize media research and reporting resources
- Technical proficiency, particularly with media systems and MS Excel, Word and PowerPoin
Starcom is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We create and nurture a vibrant work environment that celebrates, values and leverages all aspects of diversity and inclusiveness, attracts world-class talent and serves as the industry benchmark for best practices. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will provide appropriate accommodation for candidates with disabilities or accessibility needs throughout the recruitment process, upon request. Please contact our recruiter for any questions, accommodations or specific requests. We thank all candidates for their interest in Starcom however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.