Associate Creative Director (Digital Design)- Freelance
Hi there! We’re Razorfish. We’ve been leading the marketing industry with our digital expertise since the start of the internet. But in 2020, we did a full reboot. What’s different? It all starts with people. Weird, wonderful, complex people -with diverse backgrounds in strategy, creative and technology. But no matter how different we are, we all have one thing in common. We believe our differences are our strength. So we push for inclusion, challenge convention and bring in new perspectives, to inspire new ideas. Because when we connect by understanding what makes people different, we can create unforgettable experiences that enrich lives. Join us at razorfish.com.
Associate Creative Director – Digital Design
Razorfish is seeking an ACD for visual design.. You will help drive the visual design and brand direction for a leading automotive brand. You bring a deep understanding of the design process, focusing on effective experiences for interactive marketing, brand evolution, web and motion-based projects. You’ll also be an effective manager, overseeing the work of other creatives and user experience designers.
Under the direction of a Creative Director (CD), you will work hands-on on several projects at a time and will be involved in all phases of creative development. You will be responsible for planning and executing portions of projects independently or in conjunction our creative team. You will be involved in new business projects and pitches. You’ll work independently, with limited oversight from your manager.
Someone with strong conceptual and hands-on design skills, with a broad knowledge of 360 interactive/digital experiences including web, mobile and app design.
- In collaboration with a multidisciplinary account leadership team, you will drive, oversee, execute, and provide thought leadership for the account.
- Reports to Creative Director
- Responsible for leading Creative teams in the successful creation and execution of a given project
- Plans and directs many aspects of assigned projects, and serves as an integral member of the Creative team
- Accountable for managing a team of Creative talent, and leading them in the development of creative work that is consistently sound, of excellent caliber, and acceptable to the brand
- Mentors and leads assigned Creative staff, and is available to critique their work
- ·Leads the effort to translate established creative direction into conceptual ideas
- Participates as a Creative team member in new business development efforts
- Works with appropriate account representative on all projects
- Solid knowledge of steps required in creative development process: provides guidance to achieve creative direction; gives timely and helpful coaching; and produces all work in a timely, cost-effective manner
- Apply brand identity systems, typography, photography, color and other ingredients appropriately to create innovative visual solutions that meet business and user needs.
- Manage the quality assurance of all creative deliverables. Visualize, design and conceptualize user experiences.
- Understanding of systems design and application of a visual design system across all digital touchpoints
- Articulating rationale for visual design approach and defending design decisions in the context of both business and consumer needs
- Crafting clear narratives and goals for the team to deliver against and foster a positive team culture
- Presenting deliverables to senior clients
- Championing the Experience Visual Design craft
- 5+ year experience and strong, diverse portfolio with examples of Visual Design, UI experiences and conceptual thinking is a must.
Portfolio must include all 360 digital (mobile, web, brand) work
Must be conceptual/an idea person as well as a hands-on designer
AGENCY BACKGROUND HIGHLY PREFERRED
Strong understanding of brand is necessary
Understand luxury brands - Ideal but not necessary
High attention to detail in your work
- Experience in client-facing roles
- Experience working on design management systems, transactional or ecommerce experiences
Refined design style (staying up to date with current design trends)
Experience working with teams on large-scale, long-term projects
Video motion experience (story boarding design, style frame design). After Effects a plus.
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or related experience
Experience using Mainly Figma, some Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and JIRA preferred
The Power of One starts with our people! To do powerful things, we offer powerful resources. Our best-in-class wellness and benefits offerings include:
- Paid Family Care for parents and caregivers for 12 weeks or more
- Monetary assistance and support for Adoption, Surrogacy and Fertility
- Monetary assistance and support for pet adoption
- Employee Assistance Programs and Health/Wellness/Comfort reimbursements to help you invest in your future and work/life balance
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid time off that includes Flexible Time off Vacation, Annual Sick Days, Volunteer Days, Holiday and Identity days, and more
- Matching Gifts programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- ‘Work Your World’ Program encouraging employees to work from anywhere Publicis Groupe has an office for up to 6 weeks a year (based upon eligibility)
- Business Resource Groups that support multiple affinities and alliances
The benefits offerings listed are available to eligible U.S. Based employees, are reviewed on an annual basis, and are governed by the terms of the applicable plan documents.
Razorfish is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to actual or perceived race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law, genetic information, marital status, military service and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.