Data Activation Manager
We have been building something different at Publicis Media Canada.
Over the past year, we have been transforming the way we do our business. From structuring our investment practice around data and digital to bringing our strategy, data sciences and research practice under one house, we’ve been shaping Publicis Media to be the media network of tomorrow. One that both you and I want to work at.
We also work very hard in creating a truly inclusive and empathetic culture, one where our talents feel empowered to voice their opinion, do their best work, all while having a good work life balance.
In addition to providing continuing opportunities for career growth we are proud to offer our employees market leading benefit and incentive programs.
You’ll be provided with 3 weeks minimum vacation to start plus additional long weekend Publicis days, holidays closures, your birthday off, free Headspace memberships, wellness and technology credits, and market leading savings and pension plans.
We strive to provide what matters to you personally with the ability to choose and modify programs to suit your lifestyle.
The Data Activation Manager will be responsible for utilizing digital platforms and transforming vast data sets into actionable insights that inform targeting and optimization; specifically, connecting or extracting data, tracking, measuring, and analyzing and optimizing digital media for improved conversion and business performance. You will be part of a growing team, reporting to the Data Activation Manager and will have the opportunity to learn and grow in the emerging field of data strategy, data activation and data analysis.
- Leadership role across ongoing practices and processes to deliver best-in-class data science services to our clients, and improve our effectiveness and profitability.
- Define and activate the short and long-term business strategies for Data Science to ensure service and growth for the Data Science team.
- Develop and foster client relationships
- Be source of knowledge for clients and client service teams.
- Identify and capture opportunities for data fueled projects. Work with clients and clients teams to embed Data Science practices into daily procedures and business practices across the organization
- Execute gap assessments and create recommendations to ensure progress towards organizational adoption of Data Science centers of excellence
- Develop, implement, and support methodologies, standards, and tools for analysis and data science work.
- Translate strategy into implementation tactics
- Translate objectives into digital media measurement plans
- Lead client presentations, translating complex data solutions and strategies into meaningful actions
- Ingesting disparate digital data sources across Paid, Owned and Earned Digital Media into a consolidated environment for tracking
- Extracting, transforming and loading data for ingestion into business intelligence platforms
- Building dashboards in business intelligence platforms
- Develop use cases & deploy strategies against client CRM-derived data
- Audit what data is available, current state of available data, push for market-level advances, creating the strategy for improved data maturity
- Design the framework of how to use available data sets, i.e. data strategy. Create brand specific data strategies emphasizing data capture, enrichment through data partnerships, media activation, CRM. Also data utilization across brand activity.
- Building and deploying semi-automated Excel and PowerPoint digital reporting solutions such as campaign performance tracking
- Providing the Planning and Buying teams with analysis, insights and data-informed recommendations from the aforementioned reporting areas
- Data mapping and enhancement
- Creating segments relevant to objectives that can be pushed to relevant destinations for activation
- Analyzing and reporting on campaign performance through standardized ad-server attribution models
- 6-7 years’ experience in Digital Media in Planning/Buying and/or 3 - 4 years Data Science experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience mentoring and fostering JR talent
- Technically competent and capable of working with and learning new digital and tech platforms
- Extremely strong numerical and analytical skills
- Proven experience working with Data Management Platforms (Adobe DMP and Salesforce DMP)
- Broad knowledge of Data Visualization Tools (Datorama, Tableau, Data Studio, Origami Logic, etc)
- Ability to convert data analysis into meaningful actions for varying brands
- Working knowledge of ad servers and digital media practices such as CM360, DV360, Adobe Media Optimizer, Sizmek
- Vast experience working with web analytics platforms such as GA360 and Adobe Analytics
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to cope under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines autonomously.
Publicis Media is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We create and nurture a vibrant work environment that celebrates, values and leverages all aspects of diversity and inclusiveness, attracts world-class talent and serves as the industry benchmark for best practices. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will provide appropriate accommodation for candidates with disabilities or accessibility needs throughout the recruitment process, upon request. Please contact our recruiter for any questions, accommodations or specific requests. We thank all candidates for their interest in Publicis Media however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.