Senior Data Engineer
- 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY, United States
PubW is a bespoke business unit set up to bring the full power of the Publicis Groupe together to support Walmart’s media and data needs. Through our Power of One model, we put Walmart at the center bringing together specialists in strategy, media investment, data, influencers, commerce, and content delivering a highly connected, purpose-led and collaborative approach for our clients.
· Write ETL packages and database code based on business requirements or user stories, architectural requirements, and existing code.
· Modify and improve data engineering processes to handle ever larger, more complex, and more types of data sources and pipelines.
· Responsible for system performance of the data tier and the reliability of data feeds across the entire solution.
· Ownership of the whole data life cycle.
· Work as part of the data processing team and on performance tuning and optimization, query optimization, index tuning, caching, buffer tuning and data archiving strategies.
· Estimate and plan development work, track and report on task progress, and deliver work on schedule.
· Participate in weekly on-call rotation.
· Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or related field.
· Solid ETL Experience using various tools: Altyrex, AWS Glue, etc.
· Advanced SQL coding (3+ years), tuning and query optimization, especially within cloud-based data warehouses MS Azure and Amazon Redshift.
· 3+ years of Python coding experience.
· Professional or academic experience working with large data sets for conducting quantitative analysis.
· Excellent communication skills. Must have an advanced proficiency level in English. Ability and comfort with presenting work by phone or within small groups.
· Excellent customer service skills. Ability to service clients, partners and internal stakeholders by understand their needs, translating those needs into creative solutions, and delivering on those solutions with diligence and a sense of urgency.
· Self-motivated and a self-starter with strong ability to multitask projects/tasks effectively.
· Digital media experience, particularly experience working in ad tech industry with a data-centric role plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.