Senior Experience Designer
- Washington DC, Washington DC, DC
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value.
Publicis Sapient is looking for an Experience Designer who can design interfaces and workflows for a complex enterprise application that impacts the lives of millions of people.
Candidates local to the DMV area are strongly preferred. Post-pandemic, team members may be required to spend some time working on-site with our client in the Washington, DC area to enable first-class delivery of services, along with occasional travel to other client locations across the country.
The Skills We Need for the Project
Most of your work will focus on prototyping, interaction design, and user research, with a bit of information architecture and content strategy mixed in. You'll conduct discovery to research existing and new features for the application. Interactive prototypes will be your primary deliverable, created using components from a design system. You’ll also help facilitate developer and stakeholder reviews and help design and run usability tests, reporting to client leadership on findings. As a UX Designer, you'll have opportunities to receive feedback on your work and grow your skills as a designer from other members of the design team.
You'll need to be a strong communicator as the complexity of this system requires constant coordination with other designers, developers, business analysts, and client stakeholders. You will help define problems and design solutions to those problems. You will be expected to present a clear rationale for your design choices based on your understanding of the requirements, technical constraints, and business and user needs.
Successful team members are collaborative, resourceful problem-solvers who can adapt quickly to changing priorities and fast-paced work during standard business hours.
You could be a good fit for this project if you have:
- Collaborated with client stakeholders, developers and business analysts to define business problems and prototype solutions
- Participated in requirements-gathering sessions
- Designed user interfaces for large-scale web-based applications where efficient task completion and fulfillment are critical for business success
- Created interactive prototypes using tools such as InVision, Sketch, Flinto, Framer, and/or Axure
- Analyzed user flows from start to finish
- Collaborated with delivery teams in the discovery, implementation and release phases of an application or feature
- Presented concepts to clients and internal stakeholders and explained your design choices
- Evaluated existing sites and applications in terms of their usefulness, usability, efficient task completion, and layout
- Participated in usability testing sessions
- Developed personas/segmentations based on research findings
- Must be a U.S. Citizen; Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree required from college or university
Within Three Months on the Project You Will:
- Have completed all required training for both Publicis Sapient and the client
- Know the team’s standard operating procedures
- Have shadowed other designers to learn about the application and how we work as a team
- Begun leading a track of work
- Have a strong grasp of the agency's various workflows
- Have a strong understanding of the enterprise application
- Be comfortable taking on new work on short notice and juggling multiple tracks at once
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with visual design, data visualization, content strategy or front-end development
- Understanding of designing for accessibility
- Prior experience in a consulting firm or agency
- Knowledge of agile product environments and processes
Benefits of Working Here:
- Flexible vacation policy; time is not limited, allocated, or accrued
- 15 paid holidays throughout the year
- Generous parental leave and new parent transition program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Corporate gift matching program
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.