Senior Account Manager
- 445 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1K4, Canada
A three-time SABRE Canadian Agency of the Year winner (2015, 2016, 2019) North has achieved unprecedented success since launching in 2011. North disrupts the industry with its approach to PR, influencer, social and digital, establishing itself as a Canadian agency leader.
Where other agencies begin to stagnate, North has found the sweet spot between boutique and large agency: this ‘nine-year-old start-up’ is running on fresh momentum.
What’s the secret? While a slew of major new clients are tapping the team for their unique blend of expertise, many of North’s "OG" clients are expanding their work with the agency, fuelling organic growth.
We're an agency all about taking risks, thinking big and a true belief that good ideas can come from anywhere.
(And yes, the rumours are true: North is a "No timesheet agency.")
As a Senior Account Manager you will be working as part of a collaborative account team that develops and delivers strategic, creative client programs. Your job is to tell the client’s story and relentlessly pursue the best ROI, with a focus on driving important and exciting content across all brand social platforms to influence, inspire, educate and engage your audience on a variety of topics.
An essential ingredient of your success is the ability to partner and collaborate with several internal and external stakeholders. We’re looking for a passionate team player with a strategic and creative mindset who can create cross-channel media strategies for our clients.
Some of the amazing work you’ll do:
● Working as part of an account team on a fast-paced retail client, developing and supporting PR and social media communication deliverables to meet client objectives, including pitching magazines, bloggers, online publications, newspapers, television, radio, etc.
● Drafting and editing media materials including editorial pieces, media advisories, press releases, fact sheets and briefing books. Strong writing skills are required.
● Written and verbal outreach with media contacts; strong relationships with retail and business media is required
● Strategic thinking capabilities to support the development of innovative campaigns; a creative thinker
● Oversee fully integrated communications including social media and influencer programs for existing and new clients
● Demonstrate an understanding of how social/digital and online community engagement integrates into a complete communications program
● Strong client management and leadership skills; ability to manage up and dow
● Client experience in Retail, CPG, B2B, and/or Tech is considered an asset
● Ability to work and manage integrated programs with other agency partners
● Providing timely feedback to management on progress against goals
● Establishing and managing project budgets ongoing
● Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
● Ongoing tracking and knowledge of industry & brand best practices
● Contributing to the North inclusive culture as a coach and mentor to team member
Our successful candidate will possess some of the following attributes below. This is just a starting point – if you feel you don’t meet the suggested experience and/or skills, we still encourage you to apply!
Who you are:
● Post-graduate diploma in Public Relations, Corporate Communications or related discipline
● 7-9 years’ experience in an agency environment with a focus on media relations and influencer relations
● Strong media relationships across business, retail and consumer lifestyle
● Corporate communications experience is an asset
● Experience in • B2B, Technology, Consumer and/or Retail communications is considered an asset
● Excellent communication skills, dynamic, team player, excellent time management and organizational skills and is detail-oriented
● An understanding of integrated earned and social media campaign needs related to platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. is an asse
Why North Strategic? Something we’re most proud of at North is our level of employee engagement. Our employees love coming to work, but also see relationships that extend beyond the work week. As a team we celebrate our company and employee milestones and encourage quality time together. We take pride in our entrepreneurial, creative and empowering culture, a result of our strong commitment to employee engagement.
What we’re offering:
· Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact working on some of the biggest brands out there!
· A culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth and collaboration
· Work with top talent at an award-winning agency on a serious growth trajectory
· A focused commitment to career development and personal success – let us help you
· Highly competitive compensation and benefits package including substantial time off policies (like really. It’s a big deal)
· Oh, and did we mention the perks?! Hybrid work from home/office environment, parental leave top-up program, annual summer offsites, regular social events, teams and clubs, weekly Pilates, snacks, drinks, and NO timesheets! Just to name a few… #workperks
· All staff meetings so you’re always in the know
To apply for this position, click "I'm Interested" and easily submit your resume. Note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you very much for your interest in working at North Strategic. We look forward to meeting you!
North Strategic is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process