Jr. Financial Coordinator
- 111 Queen St E, Toronto, ON M5C 1S1, Canada
Publicis is an omni-channel communications agency with over 600 employees across our Canadian operations. The office is the largest in our industry in Canada and boasts talent across various disciplines of marketing and advertising expertise. Publicis carries a balanced split of Canadian, U.S. and Global clients for which we are Agency of Record. Publicis supports a range of D&I actions through our Driving Change team as well as giving back to the community through a long-standing participation in the Out of the Cold Program. With a strong, active and familial culture, Pub United is the agency’s social club, hosting events as wide reaching as Curling, Trivia Nights and more
1. Uncompromising integrity and ethical standards
· Embrace the Groupe’s Code of Conduct in terms of standards of conduct and behavior, and commitments and responsibilities to the agency’s stakeholders
· Demonstrate honesty and integrity through the timely communication of issues impacting the business to local management, whether positive or negative, in an objective and transparent way
2. Financial accounting expertise
· Ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial information
· Manage vendors by ensuring that prompt and accurate action is taken to maintain master vendor data, including liaising with vendors directly (creation, update, maintenance)
· Liaise with Shared Service Center on Accounts payable matters
· Assist with month end close process including expense and time analysis
· Expense report review to ensure completeness and accuracy prior to reimbursement approval
· PO issuance of non-billable expenses (vendors, freelancers)
· Provide day-to-day finance support to the business in its operations
· Various tasks, analysis and reporting as assigned by the Finance Manager
3. Problem-solving abilities
· Proactively provide recommendations to the finance manager to address business and financial issues facing the agency
4. Communications and management skills
· Establish strong communication channels with peers (departmental and inter-departmental) which ensure that business issues are efficiently and effectively communicated and feedback obtained on a timely basis
· Be open and approachable to staff, setting clear objectives and goals, and ensuring that 360 degree communication is maintained
5. Strong work ethic
· Demonstrate a strong work ethic by working additional hours, as required, to meet Groupe deadlines and other business commitments
6. Results-oriented mindset
· Prioritize tasks, focusing on those areas which best deliver results
Consistently meet Brand and Groupe deadlines, providing data to local management which is complete, accurate and timely, and fully meets their requirements
· University/College business degree
· Excellent analytical/quantitative skills with great attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
· Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
· Self-starter, able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
· SAP knowledge a plus
· Proficiency in MS Excel a must.
· Media/advertising agency, or related industry a plus