Sr. Finance Analyst
- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
We’re Heartbeat, the marketing agency for Healthcare Challenger Brands and the brave clients behind them. And hopefully you’re our next Senior Finance Analyst on our Client Finance Team at Heartbeat.
This role will be the lead for all client/project accounting functions, focusing on revenue recognition, invoicing and labor reporting, for one of our largest clients/books of business. The Senior Analyst will partner effectively with key team members in Business Management, Project Management, and Account Management to ensure information relating to client finance is accurate, reliable, and timely for use in planning, analysis, and decision making. Just as important, the Senior Finance Analyst will consistently look to improve upon our finance processes to optimize how we work, ensuring proper controls are maintained. We are looking for a detail-oriented and service-focused individual.
Read on to learn more about what qualities we’re looking for in a new member of the crew and why you’re gonna dig working with us.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Partner with client teams and develop relationships with Business Management, Project Management and Account Management to influence productive and accurate client financial management
- Make certain client/project accounting is performed in according with Publicis Groupe Corporate Policies and Procedures (“Janus”), and compliance with Financial Monitoring Controls (“FMC”)
- Ensure month-close is performed accurately, completely, and timely; owning revenue recognition, client invoicing, accounts payables, and accounts receivables for assigned clients
- Support client teams by assisting with the development and tracking of budgets, monthly financial reviews, and presentations, and assessment of all billable and non-billable costs
- Lead client team meetings in management of financial metrics; provide thoughtful recommendations to solve business issues and implement solutions
- Calculate run rates to monitor and manage financial progress against budgets
- Answer questions from key stakeholders including clients, vendors, corporate, and employees
- Create reports for client/agency teams by pulling data from SAP/data warehouse and working in Excel to construct regular, reliable reporting; explain and translate finance reports/documents to client teams
- Learn, master, and improve upon client finance processes such as weekly agency reporting, budget tracker maintenance, client invoicing, client-specific reporting, and monthly close
- Ad hoc requests as needed
Requirements & Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in Finance or Accounting, including familiarity with professional services/labor financials
- Strong Excel competency, including data and pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs, etc.
- Experience with a major ERP tool and data warehouse reporting (Hyperion or SAP tools preferred)
- Understand basic accounting concepts (debits/credits, revenue recognition, reserves/absorptions)
- Problem solver who can identify solutions quickly & think outside the box
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a knack for developing relationships
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment; not afraid to ask questions or even question the status quo
- Positive and collaborative approach
Hell yes, I want to do all of that. But tell me more about Heartbeat…
Heartbeat is a healthcare marketing & creative agency, headquartered in NYC and powered by ~300 smart people all over the US. In the past four years, we’ve been named a 4-time “Best Place to Work” by AdAge and MM+M and a “Diversity & Inclusion Champion” by MedAdNews.
We care about three big things:
1. Empowering Challenger Brands
We work with marketers who have big mountains to climb and the ambition to make it happen. As their shepherds and sidekicks, we must relentlessly deliver on our core values: insightful, inventive, and courageous.
2. Being the Best Place You’ll Ever Work
This isn’t all pool tables and Bagel Fridays — it’s about giving you the support to do and be your best. Examples include the ability to work wherever (forever), unlimited PTO, and self-care stipends. We also love to let loose, whether through selfie scavenger hunts or bouts of companywide bingo that would shock even the rowdiest retirement communities.
3. Fostering a Diverse & Caring Community
We’re the most diverse agency in healthcare, by design. No matter your story, you’ll find representation and amplification — through our affinity groups, cultural celebrations, and unwavering support no matter what society throws at us. We’re proud to say that you can be anything you want at Heartbeat (as long as it’s not an a**hole).
There’s a reason 1/3 of Heartbeaters have been here for 4+ years and we have a 90% retention rate. We hope you’ll experience it for yourself.
About Publicis Health & Publicis Groupe
Heartbeat is a proud member of Publicis Health, the largest health communications network in the world. Publicis Health is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe, the third-largest advertising and media company in the world — offering us unparalleled global reach and resources.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.