Senior Regional Traffic & Operations Manager (Ghana)
- C170/21 Yiyiwa street, Abelemkpe Accra- Ghana, Accra, Ghana
A multi talented, culturally diverse Advertising Agency based in Accra, Ghana, doing regional work in English, French and Portuguese for over 25 markets in Central West Africa. Our story is to reclaim Africa's birth right as an inherently creative and expressive place through contagious ideas that transform business and industry.
Purpose of the role
Publicis West Africa (PWA) is an important regional (advertising) hub office for all of Nestle’s business in Central & West Africa region, covering approximately 22 markets. Of these, there are about 10 markets that are active and serve as sub-regional hubs for adjacent markets. The main languages that campaign work is created in are English, French & Portuguese. There are several local dialects (as well) across the markets we work in. We work with partner agencies in Francophone markets, in Angola and Nigeria, to deliver work that has local impact. However, it’s key to note that interactions, both spoken and via email, within the Publicis network agencies is in English.
This role requires the individual to manage the resources of the agency in Ghana and work with those based overseas in partner agencies, supported by the relevant department heads and management, to ensure the correct resources are used on the correct project, in a timely and cost effective manner.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Effectively plan all major projects/campaign within the Agency
- Work seamlessly across markets; build good working relations such that local teams are willing to and go the extra mile to help and contribute to regional/local campaigns.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all departments in Ghana and overseas.
- Prioritize scheduling and workflow to ensure work is delivered accurately, on time and according to the brief. Be considerate when taking briefs
- Track creative briefings, reviews and presentations to ensure deadlines are met
- Notify timeously if a deadline will be missed / not met and Report delays, problems, issues or difficulty on jobs
- Key point of call on status of all projects/briefs/requests – including agreed delivery date, campaign launch date etc.
- Interface with Comms Director, Client BEOs and their respective Marketing Managers on state of projects
- Ensure creative are aware and ready for reviews and presentations
- Prioritize work monthly
- Actively manage project retro plans together with Account Management
- Collaborate with Account Management Team to review, define and reconcile scopes with client (Brand and Procurement) quarterly
- Collaborate with Production on third party project schedule/ commitment- Support in the delivery of shoots (TV, Radio, Stills), illustrations, and animatic schedules
- Champion weekly status meeting with the full agency team
- Organize interdepartmental catch-up/check-in meetings with Account Management, Creative and Digital on projects
- Collaborate in delivering project commitment and meeting deadlines
- Continuously monitor and evaluate our project management approach and suggest improvement
- To implement, train and guide agency staff on various work processes as required by Publicis Groupe, e.g. Implementation of Chase, timesheets, workflow processes, etc.
- Manage and monitor agency work process and resources
- Facilitate weekly project/status meetings and engage key internal and external stakeholders using the project retro plans
- Create an agency wide culture of project management over and beyond a skill set for an individual
- Assist other departments where necessary
- Participate in yearly performance appraisals where feedback is given to staff you interact with
- Manage leave calendars/sick days of all staff – supported by HR
- Keep abreast of industry changes in accordance with industry best practice
Requirements / Experience / Skills
- Relevant tertaiary qualification
- At least 5 years working experience as a Traffic Manager in an Advertising Agency with 1 year being a senior-level Traffic Manager
- Proficient in MS Office (Work / Excel / PowerPoint etc.)
- Proficient using Apple products (i.e. Mac)
- Knowledge of and experience in Chase / Chase Scheduler / Google Docs
- TTL & Digital experience is essential
- A good command of the English language (both verbal and written)
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Understand all communication disciplines
- Understand advertising as a selling tool
- Understand new technology and the application of wrt the creative process
- Team player with ability to work independently
- Ability to remain calm in a highly pressurized environment
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and learn from it
- Mature and honest
- Positive with a “can do” attitude
- Assertive (never aggressive)
- Problem solver
- Solution and deadline driven
- High EQ
- Energetic, enthusiastic and willing “to go the extra mile”
- Meticulous with attention to detail
- Flexible to work beyond normal office hours (overtime if and when required)
- Comfortable to work on alcohol brands (if and when required)
- Comfortable to work on-site (at the Agency)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after submitting your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Publics Groupe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits any forms of Discrimination or Harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees in line with our Employment Equity Plan. All appointments will be based on qualifications, experience and best fit but preference will be given to candidates from designated groups.