Product Manager, Tracking
- 300 W 6th St, Austin, TX 78701, USA
With over 20 years of experience and 700+ associates across 7 different countries, CJ Affiliate (formerly Commission Junction) is the most trusted and established name in performance marketing.
We specialize in cultivating partnerships between top brands and trusted publishers to help them drive revenue and grow their businesses. CJ’s industry-leading solutions and services are what makes our innovative marketing technology (“martech”) the platform of choice for over 3,800 global brands across all industries including retail, travel, finance, technology, and home services. As part of Publicis Groupe, our data capabilities, future-focused tech, and strategic expertise power meaningful connections so brands can reach consumers wherever they are.
We take just as much pride in our innovative technology and comprehensive data as we do in the expertise and dedication of our people. Our collaborative teams are equipped with advanced tools, training, and career development opportunities in order to provide our clients with cutting edge solutions, strategies, and support that drive meaningful results. Our people are at the heart of it all—people who dare to think big.
So, what is Affiliate Marketing?
Think about the last time you bought something online. Maybe your favorite influencer shared a product that caught your eye. Perhaps you already knew what you wanted to buy, but there were so many options that you needed help from a trusted review site. Or maybe you simply love combing coupon sites for hot deals. However you finally made your purchase, chances are you interacted with affiliate publishers along the way—whether they influenced you, provided helpful information, or made sure you got the best price. CJ provides the performance marketing platform that connects brands with these publishers to create valuable resources frequently used by shoppers such as yourself.
CJ Affiliate provides technology and services that help advertisers, agencies and publishers manage their interactive and traditional advertising activities. The Product Manager is responsible for the full lifecycle of their assigned product domain, functionality, or business initiative. This includes product/business strategy, roadmap, and release management.
- Chair cross functional core team to review product status and define development prioritization
- Responsible for collecting market needs and collect feedback on in market products through internal cross function stakeholders, direct client and prospect client interactions
- Work closely with engineering team to define functional specifications. Develop consensus on specs with engineering and leadership, and publish complete release scope according to defined standards
- Define success criteria for each product strategy and develop test plans and use cases
- Work with technical documentation staff to ensure product help documentation is complete for all product releases
- Work with product marketing and internal stakeholders to develop go to market plans and define adoptions success
- Support the training of client facing teams on product releases including development of presentation and demo contents
- Provide Sales support as necessary. Typically the Product Manager will assist on larger, complex deals that may involve customization in defining specifications and scope of this work
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Travel – up to 25%
- 3-6 years’ experience in Product Management/Engineering focused on web technologies and complex data systems
- Experience in any marketplace applications, including influencer platforms is a plus.
- Knowledge of online tracking technologies – web and mobile browsers, mobile applications
- Exposure to data architecture development, API development, data streaming technologies, and cloud-based architecture
- Understanding of the MarTech industry and its intersections with the consumer journey
- Understanding of ecommerce and consumer shopping behaviors - online/offline and across devices
- Exposure to one or more online advertising and marketing technologies
- Experience in managing remote teams and individuals
- Strong presentation and customer-facing communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong analytical mind and ability to interpret and use data to make decisions
- SAAS experience is a plus
- MS Suite
- Experience in agile development with expert understanding of creation of epics, stories, and releases
- Exposure to ticket management systems like Atlassian Jira and collaboration tools like Atlassian Confluence
Why CJ Affiliate?
CJ Affiliate is the leader in Affiliate Marketing. We take pride in our innovative technology, comprehensive data solutions and our people. We equip our teams with advanced tools, training and career development opportunities all to provide cutting edge solutions, strategies and support to deliver high quality results for our clients. We work in an energetic, results-oriented, collaborative, team environment that recognizes exceptional performance. As we evolve and grow as a business, so do you.
We're a community of creative and passionate problem solvers who go the distance to tackle the tough questions, think outside the box, and drive intelligent growth, for our clients—and ourselves. We foster and embody an inclusive and collaborative culture where diverse perspectives are sought, relationships are valued, and people feel accepted with a sense of belonging in expressing themselves authentically. We pride ourselves in having a workplace environment that values both work and play. Business Resource Groups, Fun team outings, office events, and flexible time off mean a work life balance with colleagues that turn into lifelong friends.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.