- 375 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
We’re Heartbeat, the marketing agency for Healthcare Challenger Brands and the brave clients behind them. And hopefully you’re our next Copy Supervisor, helping us to deliver game-changing campaigns for Consumers & HCPs.
- Lead and execute long-form copy development for one or more brand engagements across HCP & Consumer audiences in the pharmaceutical marketing sector
- Know, like the back of your hand, all aspects of the brand including trials, studies,and patient profiles
- Build strong relationships with Creative, Account & Client brand teams, such that each group identifies you as the holder of all copy, editorial and clinical knowledge for the brand
- Partner with Creative, Account and Client teams to ensure copy that advances creative brief objectives and accomplishes marketing objectives
- Point person for original (directed) copy development on assigned client engagements, including both tactical projects (websites and interactive marketing applications) and creative campaigns
- Present to, build relationships with, and find actionable paths forward based on the critiques of client MLR (medical, legal, regulatory) teams
- Build leadership cooperation with Editorial to engender obsessive attention to narrative consistency, voice & tone, and accuracy of content
- Write, reference,and annotate copy in preparation for medical/legal review in a deadline-focused environment
- See copy decks and manuscripts through development and to launch (in partnership with Editorial)
- Deliver fluent knowledge of interactive capabilities, content development and editorial flow
- Develop original content for new projects, and collaborate with Medical Director when needed
- Help mentor more junior Copy Writers, developing their ability to produce quality work
- Ability to recognize strong creative ideas and see them through to completion.
- Ability to sell ideas to other members of the creative team and to clients.
- In-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical/healthcare marketing.
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
- A strong copy portfolio and unique voice.
- Track record as a creative problem solver with a knack for fresh ideas and a new perspective.
- At least 6 years’ web copywriting experience, including work in pharma/healthcare.
- Experience with writing consumer-focused and healthcare professional focused content.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Hell yes, I want to do all of that. But tell me more about Heartbeat…
Heartbeat is a healthcare marketing & creative agency, headquartered in NYC and powered by ~300 smart people all over the US. In the past four years, we’ve been named a 4-time “Best Place to Work” by AdAge and MM+M and a “Diversity & Inclusion Champion” by MedAdNews.
We care about three big things:
1. Empowering Challenger Brands
We work with marketers who have big mountains to climb and the ambition to make it happen. As their shepherds and sidekicks, we must relentlessly deliver on our core values: insightful, inventive, and courageous.
2. Being the Best Place You’ll Ever Work
This isn’t all pool tables and Bagel Fridays — it’s about giving you the support to do and be your best. Examples include the ability to work wherever (forever), unlimited PTO, and self-care stipends. We also love to let loose, whether through selfie scavenger hunts or bouts of companywide bingo that would shock even the rowdiest retirement communities.
3. Fostering a Diverse & Caring Community
We’re the most diverse agency in healthcare, by design. No matter your story, you’ll find representation and amplification — through our affinity groups, cultural celebrations, and unwavering support no matter what society throws at us. We’re proud to say that you can be anything you want at Heartbeat (as long as it’s not an a**hole).
There’s a reason 1/3 of Heartbeaters have been here for 4+ years and we have a 90% retention rate. We hope you’ll experience it for yourself.
About Publicis Health & Publicis Groupe
Heartbeat is a proud member of Publicis Health, the largest health communications network in the world. Publicis Health is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe, the third-largest advertising and media company in the world — offering us unparalleled global reach and resources.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.