Mobile Developer (Android)|Full Time|Toronto and Calgary
- 134 Peter St 12th floor, Toronto, ON, Canada
As a digital business transformation partner of choice, we’ve spent nearly three decades utilizing the disruptive power of technology and ingenuity to help digitally enable our clients' business in their pursuit of next.
We bring a startup mindset and agile methods to both established companies and the public sector to unlock value in ways that delight their customers and improve their operational effectiveness. Our approach to transformation is grounded in a view of both the company and the customers simultaneously, and a unique fusing of strategy and consulting, experience and engineering with an enduring culture of problem-solving creativity.
In the space between next and now is how. And we believe that how you seize that space is everything.
As a Software Development Engineer (Mobile), you will be part of a full-stack team that includes other iOS, Android/iOS, Web, and API developers. Our core goal is to make cross-device development faster and higher quality. You will be a key part of the team for Android/iOS.
***Candidates residing in Canada ONLY are eligible to apply***
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field from a premium institution.
- 4 -12 years of total experience as a Software Engineer, Software Developer.
- Solid Coding practices include sound design, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods.
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, concurrency, and memory management.
- For Android: At least 3+ years of experience in designing and developing Android Applications using Java, Android SDK, Studio, APIs, or Frameworks; and experience with object-oriented development, multithreading, and data structures.
- For iOS: At least 3+ years of experience in designing and developing iOS Applications using Swift/Objective C, X Code, APIs, or Frameworks; and experience with object-oriented development, multithreading, and data structures.
- Background in synchronizing information across devices with support for offline transactions.
- Working knowledge of implementing complex design patterns: multi-threading, reactive programming, dependency injection, operations/promises, and modular development.
- Experience debugging and performance tuning Android or iOS applications.
- A high-quality bar: Write clear, concise, reusable, and maintainable code, just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment.
- A preference for Agile development methodologies. Follow the best practices of continuous BDD/TDD/Performance/Security/Smoke testing.
Benefits of Working Here:
- Flexible vacation policy; time is not limited, allocated, or accrued
- 15 paid holidays throughout the year
- Generous parental leave and new parent transition program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Corporate gift matching program