Senior Analyst, Paid Search
- 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
Starcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Paid Search Senior Analyst is the day-to-day steward of search media for assigned brands, and is responsible for monitoring and maintaining search campaign development, activation, and innovation. The Senior Analyst, Paid Search develops and maintains a strong knowledge of their clients’ business and applies their search understanding accordingly to help deliver against the clients’ needs/objectives. The Senior Analyst will work closely with their manager in the development and communication of all search recommendations.
The ideal candidate is an organized, data-driven, collaborative self-starter who is eager to learn and thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing landscape. Our search team works across a diverse range of sectors on some of the largest and most dynamic clients within the agency.
- Build paid search strategies across Google Ads and Microsoft Ads
- Monitor and optimize paid search performance to meet business objectives
- Gather and analyze keyword research necessary to build a new campaign planning and development
- Responsible for presenting recommendations, soliciting and applying client feedback to keyword and copy, pulling and analyzing data to inform campaign reporting, and developing strategic insights with clear actionable items
- Monitor and maintain campaign budgets, pacing, and bid adjustments and proactively advocate for campaign adjustments based on performance trends
- Development and implementation of optimizations and/or testing plans (e.g. search query reports, negative keyword maintenance, keyword overlap, testing implementation)
- Active participation in client status and reporting calls, including presentation of reporting
- Responsible for learning all relevant tools for billing, reporting, analytics and competitive analysis - bid management platforms (Kenshoo/SA360, Prisma, Keyword Planner, Google Trends/Insights Finder)
- Serve as subject matter experts for Search Analysts and be a resource for training and ad hoc questions, showing competency of all core search metric calculations and relationships (e.g. CPC, CPA, CTR, SOV, weighted averages)
- Develop strong working relationship with client teams and partner agencies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, advertising, business, or equivalent
- 2 years of experience with 1+ years of experience in paid search campaign development/management/optimization with the use of leading platforms including Google, Bing, Oath, etc.
- Strong analytical thinking and mathematical skills and an ability to manage data
- Experience with PPC and digital display advertising and traditional media elements
- Resourceful, curious, and motivated individual with an ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate to advanced understanding of Excel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.