Associate Director, Paid Search
- 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
Starcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Associate Director, Paid Search is responsible for leading performance marketing initiatives towards client and company objectives. The Associate Director will manage and direct Performance Media teams, including Managers, Senior Analysts and Analysts. Proven account management and team leadership experience is essential, along with experience in online marketing and digital media.
The ideal candidate must have strong team management and SEM experience with knowledge of eCommerce being a plus.
Our paid search team works across a diverse range of sectors on some of the largest and most dynamic clients within the agency. We are looking for an enthusiastic leader and paid search expert who is keen to submerge themselves into a number of projects.
- Develop, manage, and monitor client service delivery executions of the assigned accounts
- Oversee process development and ensure best practices are in place
- Assures quality control of all media planning and implementation
- Prepare and present annual financial and staffing plans
- Implement planning process for the assigned accounts and holistic media planning across paid search platforms and initiatives
- Coordinate efforts across different digital media channels to drive optimized recommendations
- Continuously evaluate and improve upon all digital media opportunities
- Attend to client meetings as needed, interface as needed with executive level and middle management level on client-side during meetings and presentations
- Embrace and encourage a culture based on teamwork, collaboration, and intellectual curiosity
- Motivate, lead, and manage internal teams, working collaboratively to drive programs that meet our clients’ performance and business objectives
- Drive adoption of stated account management best practices through example setting, positive reinforcement, and behavioral correction
- Conduct performance reviews and career path plans
- Provide training to direct reports as needed
- Facilitate the development and documentation of best practices for improving operational efficiencies within the team and the group
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, advertising, business, or equivalent
- 5+ years of account management experience in online advertising, direct marketing, SEM, or e-commerce
- 2-4+ years of digital marketing preferred with desirable focus on search engines, display and/or social media
- 3+ years of successful team management experience
- Demonstrated understanding of online marketing principles
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret campaign performance data and provide insights and optimization recommendations
- Understanding of best practices for leveraging paid social media for brand communication
- Must possess strong leadership skills and be comfortable presenting ideas to senior level stakeholders
- Resourceful, curious, and motivated individual with an ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team setting
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with intermediate to advanced understanding of Excel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.