Media Supervisor, Investment
- 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
As the Human Experience Company, we are a global media agency that believes in the alchemy of people and technology to create experiences people love and actions brands need. It’s in our DNA. We’re powered by the strength of our innovative, driven and intelligent people who are deeply passionate about achieving best-in-class results on behalf of our clients – some of the world’s leading marketers.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
The Media Investment Supervisor focuses on media buying/investment initiatives and servicing our client in the creation, execution, and monitoring of integrated media plans to secure the best investment options in a variety of channels to maximize reach to targeted consumers. The ideal candidate for this position will be a thoughtful decision maker who loves data and has the proven ability to lead strategic buying initiatives.
- Own tactical plan development, recommendation building, and negotiations across their respective channels
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of on/offline marketing and advertising as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms
- Collaborate with key partners including Client Ops, Strategy, Analytics, and external agencies
- Assist with deck writing, budget and channel allocation, and audience development
- Analyze data to inform purchase and channel allocation and prepare post-buy documents
- Screen content per client's guidelines & budget allocations
- Lead strategic planning initiatives including deck writing, budget and channel allocation and audience development
- Oversee day-to-day campaign execution and is responsible for ensuring campaigns deliver on KPIs
- Support development of strategic approach and experience design by delivering channel ideas and providing the link to reality of historical performance and in-market opportunities
- Build strong relationships with client counterparts and manage day to day relationships
- Responsible for management, development, and mentorship of Associates/Sr. Associates
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, consumer insights or equivalent and 3+ years of related media buying experience, previous team management experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse groups
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to translate and present complicated ideas in a simple, and easy to understand yet creative style
- Willingness to learn and create solutions that challenge the status quo
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities with the ability to think unconventionally in proposing solutions
- Negotiation and influence skills – steeped in required industry, brand, and competitive knowledge
- A proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects effectively and work well under pressure to deliver high-quality work within tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven experience in effectively coaching and developing others
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.