Events & Sponsorship Manager
- Chancery Ln, London, UK
As Leo Burnett himself once said: “At the end of the day, we’re just people talking to people.”
And that sums up how we think. We never forget that on the other side of every screen, watching every ad or reading every tweet are people. Not just pairs of eyes with credit cards. But human beings, who want to be entertained, engaged and listened to.
Which is why we want to make work that connects on a human level. That everyone will love. Proudly populist creative work that makes people smile, laugh, cry and everything in between. Whether that’s through advertising or managing brand partnerships with our Sports + Entertainment team.
But it’s also why we believe in being decent human beings. Either to work with or to work for. Because putting people first is at the heart of everything we do.
We believe in the power of a strong, supportive and inclusive culture that puts people and creativity at the heart of everything we do. We pride ourselves on a genuinely friendly and informal style where everyone’s invited, and the collective is more important than the individual.
We know we’re still falling short when it comes to diversity – but we’re working on it. Really working on it.
We’ve created the Anti-Racism Collective, to actively advance racial equality within our agency and the industry, and track progress against our commitments, in order to redress the balance and better represent the society and culture we serve. We’re working with “Free the Work” to support makers and creators from a wider range of backgrounds and we’re working with all our clients to ensure we’re building brands that actively and positively portray all types of people.
It’s our distinctive approach, combined with our passion for populist creativity and relentless pursuit of excellence that makes Leo Burnett such a uniquely special and enjoyable place to work.
We are looking for an Account Director who will be expected to take charge & whois comfortable juggling multiple work streams and a variety of exciting projects.
The Account Director role sits in the Leo Burnett’s Sport and Entertainment Division on their longest serving client; McDonald’s on their 4x home nation football sponsorships.
As an Account Director you will be responsible for:
- Leading a team to deliver the McDonald’s Grassroots Football Programme in partnership with all 4 UK Football Associations
- Managing projects for McDonald’s Fun Football Centres, Fun Football Festivals, FA Community Shield and 4 x UK FA Grassroots Football Awards
- Managing senior relationship with McDonald’s lead client to cover team performance, strategic direction, budgeting financial planning and forecasting
- Pro-actively solving problems with a positive mindset and keeping morale high within the agency teams and external partnership teams
- Consistently finding new ways to evolve the sponsorship programme for McDonald’s
- Supporting the line manager in new business opportunities to grow the account and department
- Must have experience in Sports Marketing (agency, rights holder or client side)
- Experiential/ Event experience
- A great appreciation for the Sports Marketing industry with a finger on its pulse
- Excellent people skills and be able to work closely with the team, internal department, other agencies and clients. A can-do attitude is a must!
- A passion for creative work and an ambition to always deliver the best creative product
- To have the highest of standards, be very well-organised and take pride in attention to detail
- A good understanding of Grassroots Football in The UK is a plus
- Good head for numbers and budgeting – a close relationship with finance teams externally and internally is a must
- A true understanding of client management with experience of managing and nurturing relationships between agency (ideally) and key client contacts
- Above all, be super passionate, motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to travel – the role will also require occasional travel within the UK
As part of our dedication to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Groupe UK is committed to equal access to opportunity for people without regard to race, age, sex, disability, neurodiversity, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities and for candidates in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.