Digital Buyer-APEX Exchange
- 175 Bloor St E, Toronto, ON M4W 3R8, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Publicis Media is one of Canada’s fastest growing Media Agency networks. The secret sauce? A pool of talented individuals who learn from each other (while tapping into global centres of excellence) and transparency at the core of everything we do, from data reporting to billing all the way to agency leadership. The result is a blend of meaningful work for some of Canadas’ favorite brands and endless opportunities to grow for our team members.
PMX (Publicis Media Exchange) is the commercial arm of Publicis Media, driving and delivering value for clients, while fostering and building marketplace leading partnerships with media owners. PMX drives value for the brand agencies through intelligent investment and centres of excellence within buying and digital practices such as television, radio, ooh, search, social, programmatic and ecommerce.
In addition to providing continuing opportunities for career growth we are proud to offer our employees market leading benefit and incentive programs.
You’ll be provided with 3 weeks minimum vacation to start plus additional long weekend Publicis days, holidays closures, your birthday off, free headspace memberships, wellness and technology credits, and market leading savings and pension plans.
We strive to provide what matters to you personally with the ability to choose and modify programs to suit your lifestyle.
The Media Buyer negotiates with media vendors to secure the most cost effective delivery of objectives; balancing price with quality factors. The negotiation is reflective of the strategy & brand requirements of approved campaigns in a team environment.
This role requires a candidate who is analytical, math proficient, and well organized with great attention to detail. The candidate must be well informed of the OLV landscape (programming, trends, formats, ownership) trends and research.
- Negotiate approved executions – Digital
- Working with specialty teams to identify and implement efficient business practice.
- Work with media vendors regarding tactical aspects of the media buy to achieve campaign objectives and/or fulfill a client request
- Manage contracts/ insertion orders and any resulting revisions with media vendors
- Input Digital media buys
- Actualize media spending
- Assist with financials
- Clearing of invoice
- Train media assistants
- Prepare/develop reports in PowerPoint & Excel – routine & custom reports
- Usage of all media related systems
- Media management - DDS, OLV buying platform
- Media Research - nLogic
- Minimum of Associate Degree in Media, Bachelor’s degree a plus/preferred
- Track record of success throughout post-secondary career and previous employment
- Minimum of 2+ years of media buying
- Media systems’ proficiency
- Strong analytical & math proficiency skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Technical proficiency, particularly with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Able to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Detail-oriented and able to produce accurate work product
Publicis Media is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We create and nurture a vibrant work environment that celebrates, values and leverages all aspects of diversity and inclusiveness, attracts world-class talent and serves as the industry benchmark for best practices. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will provide appropriate accommodation for candidates with disabilities or accessibility needs throughout the recruitment process, upon request. Please contact our recruiter for any questions, accommodations or specific requests. We thank all candidates for their interest in Publicis Media, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.