Director, Digital Strategy & Activation
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
Publicis Media is one of the four solutions hubs of Publicis Groupe, alongside Publicis Communications, Publicis.Sapient and Publicis Healthcare. Led by Steve King, CEO, Publicis Media is powered by its five global brands, Starcom, Zenith, Spark, Digitas and Blue 449, and supported by its digital-first, data-driven Global Practices which together deliver client value and business transformation. Publicis Media is committed to helping its clients navigate the modern media landscape and is present in more than 100 countries with over 13,500 employees worldwide.
APEX is a value-based solution that develops innovative offerings through direct partnerships and principal investments that allow clients of all sizes to have custom solutions that best fit their business needs. Clients opt into solutions outside of the agency’s core services that offer a tangible benefit
This role is a part of the Digital Strategy & Activation team within APEX. APEX is centralized hub within Publicis Media.
The Digital Strategy & Activation team within APEX acts as a centralized resource providing tactical planning recommendations, margin analysis, media and data strategy, vendor relations, campaign stewardship, billing, and client support.
As a Director of Digital Strategy & Activation, you will be the key point of contact for escalation and process iteration across media planning, partner management and negotiations, campaign launches, campaign stewardship, customer service, vendor relations, and billing timeliness.
- Oversee and manage the workload, quality of work, and on-site development for our Digital Strategy & Activation team members in Chicago
- Provide coaching and career development to team of direct reports.
- Act as a market lead for our Brand Development team, participating in meetings with agency teams and agency clients.
- Oversee and report on campaign load by team member and account, vendor challenges, billing delinquencies, and overall team production.
- Ensure team is both adhering to and improving upon processes to meet goals.
- Demonstrate an obsession with process and automation to improve team efficiency.
- Represent APEX Guaranteed, when appropriate, during external client meetings and panels.
- Communicate regularly with Product and AdOps teams to deliver recommendations and market feedback on Apex offering, competencies, and differentiators.
- Provide hands-on support to team when needed in managing negotiations, planning, launching and stewarding campaigns, presenting QBRs, etc.
- Develop relationships with agency leads on key accounts to ensure that clear expectations are set and we are delivering gold-standard service.
- Maintain presence on key accounts through understanding client needs and objectives, overseeing quality of work, and jumping in directly as needed in the day-to-day communication and troubleshooting.
- Serve as a point of escalation with the ability to analyze the situation and make informed decisions to resolve the issue.
- Collaborate with leadership team in NYC, Chicago, and San Francisco in sharing challenges, best practices, leading national team meetings, and improving upon team process.
- Develop relationships and capitalize on synergies across offline channel teams within Apex including local, television, audio, print, and out of home.
- A minimum of 4+ years of digital advertising industry experience (preferably adtech or programmatic) with over 2+ years of management.
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably in a relevant field of study)
- Systems & software proficiency (Salesforce, Powerpoint, automation tools, data visualization tools, etc.)
- Advanced/expert proficiency in Excel
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, presentation skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.