Global Data Governance Manager
- Wood Ln, London W12, UK
Starcom is the Human Experience Company; we believe that our clients’ competitive advantage lies in understanding people better, and acting on that understanding faster than the competition.
The future lies in bringing together media, creativity and data to create powerful experiences that will drive faster growth. We are the flagship Publicis Media agency to do this through our Power of One client teams that span clients such as Stellantis, P&G, Samsung, P&O and Visa.
We work differently to most agencies and base many of our models on consultancy ways of working to build a more agile workforce in this hybrid world. We complement our account teams with Squads – small teams that work for a short period to solve a specific brief. We hold cross discipline Sprints to crack client briefs at speed. These processes are designed to fuel high performance and fast results through collaboration.
Even in this most challenging period, Starcom has had an exceptional 12 months. We have welcomed brilliant clients such as Stellantis, Ferrero, Axa, KP Snacks and E.ON into the fold. Our client satisfaction scores are among the highest in the market, significantly above agency norms. We place a huge focus on our team and have driven flagship D&I and L&D programmes within Publicis Media; our goal is to help every individual reach their fullest potential and we encourage everyone to make “Brave Plays” in how they approach their work and their own career development. As a result, we have an exceptionally energised and committed talent base, all of us proud of our welcoming and supportive culture, as evidenced by our recognition as one of Campaign’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
Starcom operates in over 100 markets across the world. We have very close ties to our global HQ in Chicago who encourage learning and sharing best practice with our colleagues around the world. We are part of Publicis Groupe.
We are looking for an experienced Global Data Governance Manager to join the team to support the implementation and oversight of our Client’s and Company’s data management goals, standards, practices, process, and technologies. In this global role, you will support the Global Data & Tech lead in assessing what changes are needed within existing business processes in order to create improved data quality, and to ensure those changes are made effectively.
• Overall responsibility and accountability for the quality of Global Client and business data
• Make taxonomy and data modelling recommendations to agency/client team based on Client’s current ad tech and reporting landscape
• Understand and support the post-launch QA process led by the agency reporting team
• Ensure Publicis Media data standards are being documented and followed
• Continually assess opportunities for data quality improvement while identifying issues, root causes and remedies
• Build and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders across the organization
• Lead working groups and manage routine projects related to data governance
• Play a subject matter expert for Campaign Framework, Publicis Media’s data governance platform
• Provide input to Product team(s) to ensure data is appropriately captured, linked and used
• Assist Global Data Governance Lead in identifying opportunities, training and rolling out Campaign Framework and other data governance tools/products across Client teams and markets
· Bachelors’ degree and minimum 5 years’ experience in business operations roles with focus on data
· Strong skills in process and project management
· An excellent and confident communicator - able to write clearly, speak professionally, and translate complex concepts to audiences. Able to facilitate meetings large and small, manage expectations and discussions while presenting and/ or during meetings
· Must be highly proficient with Microsoft suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. especially Excel and PowerPoint. Will be expected to compile polished content including presentations
· Familiarity with various digital media technologies such as ad server and DSP
· Experience with data visualization tools
· Experience working with a project management tool such as Jira is a plus
· Inclined to work in a collaborative environment and bring the skills necessary to foster that culture
· Good at building relationships – a creative problem solver, a customer service expert, and a great team player
Starcom is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities and for candidates in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.