Ad Tech Supervisor
- 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
Starcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Starcom Ad Tech is the heart of digital advertising at Starcom. Ad Tech continues to grow because we are experts in the art of trafficking digital ad campaigns, skilled at fighting ad fraud, and outstanding optimizers. We are looking for individuals who love tech, are intellectually curious, and can work well with others and on their own.
The Supervisor plays a key role in an integrated team responsible for account specific technical implementation of digital campaigns including display trafficking, video trafficking, research partner coding, tagging, etc. of digital media campaigns. The Supervisor is responsible for contributing to the design, development, and execution of campaign operational process with both internal and external contacts to ensure digital media plans meet client specified expectations.
- Oversee global Ad Tech Associates and support the media and creative teams to activate digital campaigns (display, video, social, mobile)
- Co-lead strategic conversations with client and media teams around technology integrations that can improve efficiency, range or quality of data, or support new media
- Support Associates in the basic aspects of the trafficking process, including connecting placements to creatives, setting up consistent configurations, and collecting clean data. Lead the more complex aspects of trafficking, including Floodlight tags, DMP integrations, network upgrades, and more
- Lead conversations with the media team on ways to work faster and smarter.
- Collaborate with fellow Ad Tech Managers on process to prevent errors, to ensure consistency, to create a QA checklist
- Collaborate with vendors on behalf of creative agencies when troubleshooting is required
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on any number of technologies; keep yourself and the team up to date on the ever-evolving media landscape through regular research and writing POVs
- You may work across multiple clients, in which case we want you to share the best practices of each with the rest of the group in order to improve our output and standardize our work
- Assist clients in technology tests such as verification partners, and mobile ad servers
- Be responsible for holding media teams and creative agencies to execution timelines
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in technology, marketing, computer engineering, web development, mathematics, or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in digital media (agency or publisher side)
- Previous team management experience is a plus
- A passion and/or skill for training and development, as the role involves both doing your work and supporting others on the team in their pursuit of excellence
- Experience with digital platforms – knows the ins-and-outs of second- and third-party vendors, ad servers of all stripes (display, video, social, mobile), Tag Management Systems (GTM, TagMan, Signal, etc.), and/or VVF vendors (viewability, verification, and fraud prevention)
- Starcom clients are primarily DCM users, but if you know Sizmek or Atlas, or another similar ad server, please tell us. Also don’t be shy about your expertise with floodlights, rich media, etc.
- Knowledge/experience with the Doubleclick Digital Marketing suite (DDM) and/or Google 360 suite helps
- Skills in QA’ing ad tags and conversion tags in a browser environment or tag diagnostic tool are pretty key
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.