Marketing Operations Director, Adobe Campaign Practitioner
- 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
The Marketing Operations Director is responsible for growing a profitable solution offering through high-quality delivery of services to customers. We are looking for a seasoned thought leader, recognized expert within the solution area, strong collaborator, and role model for their teams. The successful candidate will have exemplary skills to inspire, coach and lead others to deliver on success for our customers and achieve business results. The individual is also expected to be client facing as a sponsor and solution architect.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of marketing and associated business processes as well as experience in managing a technical engagement from inception through final deployment. The individual will supervise and provide guidance to other resources in executing their day-to-day tasks. The individual should be a hybrid business and technical consultant that works alongside clients. Responsibilities include technical, marketing, and business-related requirements gathering as well as effective management of a cross-functional services team and successful solution rollout.
The successful candidate will also bring demonstrated experience project managing team activities to execute campaigns with the technologies that develop integrated campaigns. Channel mix expertise should include email and SMS with direct mail experience a benefit. Experience with campaign management, marketing automation and other analytic tools is required.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Solve business problems for our clients – develop a deep understanding of the challenge or opportunity and devising the best strategic solution through a combination of data, technology, content, and media.
- Collaborate with other Agency Partners and Brand Clients to provide strategic and feasible recommendations and determine goals, target segments, campaign flows, and metrics requirements for email and SMS marketing campaigns.
- Oversee workload for direct reports and manage their capacity to deliver to client expectations.
- Coordinate with Agency Partners to develop multifaceted project timelines with consideration to technological requirements to ensure successful delivery of email campaigns.
- Leverage Adobe Campaign to configure and deploy Email and SMS campaigns.
- Collaborates with broader teams to ensure marketing strategy and business plans align with campaign management technical requirements.
- Facilitates professional development and mentorship of direct reports.
- Oversees quality check process to ensure on time and flawless delivery of email campaigns.
- Manages client and team expectations throughout delivery; manages risk and issue escalations related to the marketing campaigns.
- Develops and manages client’s Campaign Best Practices documents.
- Responsible for understanding business requirements documents (BRD) and designing, building, and testing campaigns based off these documents.
- Supports onshore and offshore Campaign Execution teams and Campaign Technology teams, as necessary.
- Extensive expertise with campaign management tools (e. g. Adobe Campaign, CampaignRunner, RedPoint, Unica)
- Extensive expertise in relational databases, data structures and querying language
- Experience with html and editing is a plus
- A solid understanding of direct marketing vernacular (e. g. modeling, segmentation, test design, control groups)
- Experience with Agile & Scrum Methodology
- An aptitude to learn new tools and software quickly
- A solid understanding of data security and privacy technologies
- A solid understanding of key Information Management trends and vendor landscape
- A solid understanding of mobile delivery architecture and best practices
- Experience with writing SQL statements for data extraction a plus
- 10+ years of relevant campaign management and marketing experience, with a proven record of accomplishment in increasing conversions and program effectiveness through segmentation, circulation management, and other techniques.
- 5+ years of experience managing a team and providing support for individual contributors
- Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Business Administration, Marketing, Strategic Marketing, Product Development, Information Management
- Passionate about marketing with an obsession for getting under the skin of a business (the numbers) and understanding how it works and makes money
- Understanding of leading practices in multi-channel marketing across the entire prospect and customer lifecycle, and how marketing strategy, customer data, segments, channel, creative, content, and offers interact to drive desired business outcomes
- Understanding of marketing operations, processes, business requirements
- Experience working with campaign management and marketing automation platforms required, preferably Adobe Campaign.
- Adobe Campaign certification preferred.
- Understanding of leading practices in multi-channel marketing
- Activation experience with marketing analytics vendors such as Google or Adobe.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
- Strong team player
- Advanced Excel skills
- Dynamic, driven, hands-on style
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation, influencing and negotiation skills
- Tact, diplomacy, maturity in relating and interacting with people at all levels
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.