Director of Engineering - Financial Services Digital Transformation
- Turnmill St, London, UK
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organisations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value
The Director of Engineering is a hands on engineering advocate playing a key role across development, architecture and DevOps communities. They possess a deep passion for technology, software engineering and in building best of breed solutions using the latest languages, tools and frameworks to create products and services that delight their customers.
- Build highly complex, distributed cloud native solutions and products that will shape the future of banking
- Help to drive Enterprise Scale engineering transformation across the UK Financial Services sector to enable accelerated growth initiatives and best in class customer experiences
- Break client monoliths into highly robust, scalable microservices based digital platforms
- As a Director of Engineering, you will contribute to Publicis Sapient best in class engineering practices and mentor and inspire a diverse and highly motivated engineering capability
Designing and building solutions that transform our clients into top tech firms will be what drives you. You will relish the role of technical expert across software development and DevOps, bringing with you high engineering standards, leadership and motivational skills.
Learn about how Publicis Sapient helps turn established Banks into tech companies here:
Your skills and experience:
- Hands on technical delivery skills and stewardship of development teams
- Ability to inspire and motivate software engineering and DevOps teams to deliver high quality products and solutions
- Extensive experience in systems architecture and integration
- Experience in leading large scale, complex, and distributed applications development of Cloud native solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of software design/architectural concepts like Microservices, Domain-driven design, SOLID, DRY, SoC, etc
- Expert Java development and architecture skills (Go, Scala, Python and any additional languages a plus) of large-scale distributed systems
- Hands on experience with two or more of Non-Blocking Java (Vert.x/Akka/Spring Reactor/Lagom), Spring Boot, Node.js
- REST Web services & API knowledge
- Containers and building container based platforms using Docker, GKE, AKS etc
- Data engineering experience with two or more of SQL, NoSQL and NewSQL (eg MySQL, PostgresQL, Cassandra, Mongo, Aurora, Spanner)
- DevOps/Automation experience (CI, CD, Aggregated Logging & Metrics)
- Quality Engineering (eg Test Pyramid, Automated Testing)
- Agile Delivery experience
Set yourself apart with:
- Consulting delivery experience
- An interest and/or hands on experience with the latest fintech products/technologies that are disrupting the banking sector such as Mambu, Vault, nCino, Tradeledger, Feedzai etc
There’s a superb package of benefits waiting for you at Publicis Sapient.
We cover all the basics generously, with 25 days paid annual leave, life assurance, dental insurance, income protection, private healthcare for you AND your family (pre-existing conditions included), and a pension.
The learning opportunities here are endless. Most importantly, of course, there’s the chance to be part of a game-changing organisation that celebrates creative thinking and empowerment.
The creature comforts are super: free barista coffee bar (the best in town), gym-fee reimbursement and working in the most exciting, colourful and diverse local area you could imagine.
Flexibility and mobility are needed for this role. You might need to spend time on-site with our clients to deliver our world-class services