Junior Associate Platforms Engineer
- 21 Harris St, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value.
As a Junior Associate - Engineering, you’ll work on an agile team with other passionate, driven, and talented people to create innovative solutions for our clients. You will be part of the Platforms Engineering group working for clients across various industry verticals to develop high-end technology solutions, involving configuration and customization. Our environment and culture fosters growth and presents exciting opportunities to hone your skills in business and problem-solving. You will be responsible for software development from idea to code to test to operations. Make an impact on our clients directly through your work and see your ideas become a reality. Build your technical skills, expand your collaborative methods, and grow your leadership talent.
- Assist in implementing Digital Consumer experiences and constantly innovate to provide scalable and elegant solutions that help clients achieve their business goals
- Assisting development teams to implement proofs of concept to prove any new technologies, application flows or integration scenarios and identify customisations needed to platforms for meeting client requirements
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements as well as the development of user stories and estimates
- Assisting tech leads with software design and coding
- Improving your coding skills throughout your career journey
- Design, develop and unit test applications in accordance with established standards
- Collaborate with experience designers, strategists, client partners and clients on the product
- Participate in peer reviews of solution designs and related code
- Package and support the deployment of releases
- Assist experience developers to resolve technical and application problems
- Assist development teams in technical documentation
- Contribute to technology innovations working with highly skilled and motivated individuals and learning from them
- Learn and embrace new skills
Your Skills & Experience:
- Less than one year of work experience in a similar position
- Software engineering skills in a minimum of 2 of the following:
- Programming languages like Java, C#, Go, Python or any other backend programming language.
- Good understanding of web technologies including HTTP, DNS, authentication and understanding on HTML/CSS.
- Understanding middleware technology implementation including API integrations
- Possess skills (or keen to upskill) on infrastructure and system administration including shell scripting, linux/unix or windows, cloud technologies– AWS, Azure, Google.
- Possess skills (or keen to upskill) on data platforms (NoSQL, graph, relational, etc.)
- Problem solving mindset and working in teams to solve challenging problems
- Open-minded, inclusive and appreciative of the views and perspectives of others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
Publicis Groupe believes that to deliver the best solutions to our clients, our people need to reflect the diverse communities in which our clients operate. We value diversity and the skills, knowledge and experience that difference brings to our culture and solutions. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.