Junior Associate Front-End Engineer
- Level 7/28 Freshwater Place, Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. United by our core values and our purpose of helping people thrive in the brave pursuit of next, our 20,000+ people in 53 offices around the world combine experience across technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession to accelerate our clients’ businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value.
As a Junior Associate Engineer you’ll work on an agile team with other passionate, driven, and talented people to create innovative solutions for our clients. Our environment and culture fosters growth and presents exciting opportunities to hone your skills in business and problem-solving. You will be responsible for software development from idea to code to test to operations. Make an impact on our clients directly through your work and see your ideas become a reality. Build your technical skills, expand your collaborative methods, and grow your leadership talent.
For this opportunity we are looking for a candidate who has a strong interest in front-end development. The focus of this placement will be on the delivery of high-quality interfaces and fostering skill development in the areas that enable this capability.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements as well as the development of user stories and estimates
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards
- Collaborate with experience designers, strategists, client partners, and clients on the product
- Participate in peer reviews of solution designs and related code
- Package and support the deployment of releases
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software
Your Skills & Experience:
- Less than one year of relevant work experience
- Excellent software engineering proficiency in a minimum of 2 of the following, along with supporting math and science skills:
- Semantic HTML
- CSS and CSS-in-JS approaches
- Competency with React JS
- State management systems
- UI Design systems
- Jest / Testing-Library unit testing
- Responsive design
- UX skills
- Data platforms (NoSQL, graph, relational, etc.)
- Mobile apps
- Proven leadership experience and capability
- Experience working in teams to solve problems
- Open-minded, inclusive and appreciative of the views and perspectives of others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
Publicis Groupe believes that to deliver the best solutions to our clients, our people need to reflect the diverse communities in which our clients operate. We value diversity and the skills, knowledge and experience that difference brings to our culture and solutions. We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.