Sr, Financial Analyst
- 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY
Publicis Media is one of Publicis Groupe’s four solution hubs, aligning all of Publicis Groupe’s media agencies and operations. Publicis Groupe (Euronext Paris Exchange: FR0000130577; CAC 40 index), is the world’s third largest communications group. APEX Exchange (APEX) is a distinct/next-generation global trading entity within Publicis Media that identifies new ways to deliver value to clients.
APEX is a value-based solution that develops innovative offerings through direct partnerships and principal investments that allow clients of all sizes to have custom solutions that best fit their business needs. Clients opt into solutions outside of the agency’s core services that offer a tangible benefit.
The Publics Media Finance team is currently seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst who will handle the revenue accounting and planning for APEX's digital business. This position is suitable for a highly motivated and service-focused individual who will play an integral part in the reporting, budgeting, and forecasting process.
The Sr. Financial Analyst position will also be involved in process improvement projects and ad hoc reporting in support of business needs. Strong attention to detail and forward thinking are necessary to reach the goal of creating accurate reporting and forecasts to drive profitable growth and facilitate the success of the organization.
· Generate, analyze and distribute monthly reporting, providing commentary as appropriate
· Participate in strategic and operational planning processes including annual budget and monthly forecasts
· Support the Finance Manager in the revenue forecasting process from a systems perspective as well as extracting, analyzing and modeling data, and collaborating with other analytics departments to optimize forecasting accuracy
· Prepare revenue accrual Journal Entries for the month-end close and assist in month end reporting
· Provide analysis and interpretation of actual performance versus plan/forecast, and assess impact on future results
· Be a thought leader on revenue drivers; synthesize data to help drive key strategic/financial decision making
· Participate in, ad-hoc financial and operational analyses to inform strategies aimed at enhancing profitability and accelerating growth
· Continually improve financial management processes by implementing tighter controls: data integrity, process improvement, and rigorous analysis
· 2+ years of applicable accounting/finance experience
· Results-oriented individual with a strong work ethic who can operate effectively, independently, and in a collaborative environment
· Advanced MS Excel modeling skills (Lookups, Pivot Tables, Index/Match formulas, Power Query and Power Pivot)
· Understanding of Finance and Accounting principles including GAAP, IFRS, Debits/Credits, Revenue Recognition, Accrual Accounting, Financial Modeling, Budget and Profitability analysis, Variance Analysis, and Financial Reporting
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with diverse groups agency-wide
· Thrive working in a fast paced environment
· Passionate about the business with a strong desire to continuously improve performance and service
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
· Familiarity using financial reporting (HFM), accounting (SAP) and media billing systems is ideal
· Results-oriented, hands-on individual with a strong work ethic and who can operate effectively in a collaborative and matrixed environment
· A “can-do” team player that is passionate about the business and has a strong desire to continuously improve performance and service
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.