Junior Art Director
- 11 Đoàn Văn Bơ, Quận 4, Vietnam
We help grow many of the world's most iconic brands at Leo Burnett. We help grow even more of the world's most talented people. You'll find at Leo Burnett an agency built on ideas and dependent upon the people behind them. A culture that doesn't just respect creativity but cherishes it. And a community where the path you choose is your own, the places you can go limitless. We believe creativity has the power to transform human behavior, and we use ours to help our clients' brands discover their "human purpose" and play meaningful, active roles in people's lives.
A Junior Art Director is a junior creative role at Leo Burnett Vietnam. Junior Art Directors are responsible to support the Creative Director and their creative team to crack big challenges that support our human centered approach. They are responsible for the visual style and images that appear in magazines, newspapers, outdoor media, and point of sales materials, product packaging, online videos, social content, online media, television commercial and other branded content. They create the overall design and direct others who develop artwork or layouts with main responsibilities including:
- Inspiring, passionate and gives special attention to every art detail while working with the art and design staff in the agency.
- Determine how best to present a concept visually.
- Determine which photographs, art, or other design elements to use.
- Determine the overall style or tone, desired for each project and articulate their vision to artists where the artist then create images, such as illustrations, graphics, photographs, or charts and graphs etc.
- Oversee a staff of designers, artists, photographers, writers, or editors who are responsible for creating the individual works that collectively make up a completed product.
- Ensure that the clients’ desired message and image is conveyed to consumers.
- Talk to clients to develop an artistic approach and style.
- Coordinate activities with other artistic and creative departments to help inspire and improve the art talents in the agency.
- Present designs to clients for approval.
- Supports the Creative Director with agency presentations both in new business pitches and current client creative run-throughs.
- Understands the design element of projects and keep projects on budget and on time.
- Identifying areas of improvement within his team and leading art direction and design workshops to work on those improvements
- A bachelor’s degree in an art or design subject.
- Worked on art side of creative for 3+ years, and ideally have an experience working for a big multinational agency.
- An impressive portfolio that boosts a collection of his/her work that demonstrates his or her style and abilities.
- Good communication skills, to be able to listen to and speak with staff and clients to ensure that they understand employees’ ideas and clients’ desires for advertisements.
- Exceptionally creative, to be able to come up with interesting and innovative ideas to develop advertising campaigns, set design, layout options etc.
- Leadership skills, to be able to organize, direct, and motivate other artists. They need to articulate their visions to artists and oversee production.
- Time managing skills, to be able to balance competing priorities and multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines.
- From both the digital and physical world.
- Contribute hands-on to the projects from design through development.
- Expert mastery of all design tools, platforms, and versions of applicable software (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.), having video editing or motion graphic skills will be a plus.
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese