Account Manager, Social
- 445 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1K4, Canada
A three-time SABRE Canadian Agency of the Year winner (2015, 2016, 2019) North has achieved unprecedented success since launching in 2011. North disrupts the industry with its approach to PR, influencer, social and digital, establishing itself as a Canadian agency leader.
Where other agencies begin to stagnate, North has found the sweet spot between boutique and large agency: this ‘nine-year-old start-up’ is running on fresh momentum.
What’s the secret? While a slew of major new clients are tapping the team for their unique blend of expertise, many of North’s "OG" clients are expanding their work with the agency, fuelling organic growth.
We're an agency all about taking risks, thinking big and a true belief that good ideas can come from anywhere.
(And yes, the rumours are true: North is a "No timesheet agency.")
As an Account Manager, Social, you will be working as part of a collaborative account team that develops and delivers strategic, creative client programs. Your job is to tell the client’s story and relentlessly pursue the best ROI, with a focus on executing programs and developing client relationships. An essential ingredient of your success is the ability to partner and collaborate with a number of internal and external stakeholders.
We’re looking for a passionate team player with strong creative, strategic thinking and organizational abilities. A strategic, creative and analytical thinker who can create cross-channel media strategies for our clients.
Ideally, this candidate will have 5+ years of PR agency experience developing broadly integrated marketing strategies.
Some of the amazing work you'll do:
- Very strong in client communications and account management
- Proficient in social media and digital space
- Experience with social and digital advertising (strategy development and executional experience)
- Understanding creative for social & digital and overall content strategy implementation
- Leading strategies around customer service related issues to enhance Brand community experience
- Building social advertising strategies to support client campaigns; able to place and track ads across social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google AdWords for video)
- Understanding of how to improve Brand search ranking, and extending the reach of client content in a meaningful way
- Participating in forecasting budgets and invoicing for a specific set of client accounts; participate in organic growth of existing client base
- Proficiency in insight gathering and analytics; ability to implement an effective reporting strategy on the metrics that matter to measure content performance and make timely suggestions on how to optimize
- Demonstrate a superior understanding of the Canadian digital, social media and influencer landscape and update broader team on emerging trends in the industry
- Strong social writing; ability to write effective and thumb-stopping social content
- Acumen for social creative development; ability to work with and manage production partner during client campaign planning and execution
- Build and manage strategic social influencer campaigns to grow and achieve business goals
- Ongoing tracking and implementation of industry & brand best practices
- Leading brainstorming sessions
- Ability to work collaboratively with other agency partners
- Coaching, developing and mentoring junior team members
Our successful candidate will possess some of the following attributes below. This is just a starting point – if you feel you don’t meet the suggested experience and/or skills, we still encourage you to apply!
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in a social media or digital agency or SEM environment
- Genuine curiosity about how technology and innovation affects how we communicate and evolves social behaviors
- Bachelor’s & post-graduate degree in Communications, Advertising, Media Studies or a related field
- Excellent cross-functional leadership, presentation and communication skills; dynamic team player and passionately committed to collaboration
- Superior time management and organizational abilities
- Strong proficiency in social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, etc…), effective measurement frameworks for social programs
- Experience in running social and digital advertising campaigns
- Experience leading complex and highly strategic digital engagements
- Strong interpersonal abilities to effectively manage all internal and external relationships, vendors and agency partners
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment and work well under pressure
- Skilled at analyzing data, deriving insights and building creative output to meet client objectives
- Refined understanding of community management
- Considered an asset: Participation in new business pitches; proficiency in Photoshop is an asset
Why North Strategic? Something we’re most proud of at North is our level of employee engagement. Our employees love coming to work, but also see relationships that extend beyond the work week. As a team we celebrate our company and employee milestones and encourage quality time together. We take pride in our entrepreneurial, creative and empowering culture; a result of our strong commitment to employee engagement.
What We’re Offering:
- Meaningful work where you can have a direct impact working on some of the biggest brands out there!
- A culture of entrepreneurship, creativity, growth and collaboration.
- Work with top talent at an award-winning agency on a serious growth trajectory.
- A focused commitment to career development and personal success – let us help you!
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package including substantial time off policies (like really, it’s a big deal).
- Oh, and did we mention the perks?! Parental leave top-up program, annual summer offsites, regular social events, teams and clubs, and weekly Pilates, just to name a few #workperks.
- All staff meetings so you’re always in the know.
To apply for this position, click "I'm Interested" and easily submit your resume. Note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you very much for your interest in working at North Strategic. We look forward to meeting you!
North Strategic is committed workplace diversity and will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.