SVP, APEX Content Ventures US Lead
- 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY
Publicis Media is one of Publicis Groupe’s four solution hubs, aligning all Publicis Groupe’s media agencies and operations. Publicis Groupe (Euronext Paris Exchange: FR0000130577; CAC 40 index), is the world’s third largest communications group. APEX Exchange (APEX) is a distinct/next-generation global trading entity within Publicis Media that identifies new ways to deliver value to clients.
APEX is a value-based solution that develops innovative offerings through direct partnerships and principal investments that allow clients of all sizes to have custom solutions that best fit their business needs. Clients opt into solutions outside of the agency’s core services that offer a tangible benefit.
APEX Content Ventures is a central part of the APEX value creation process – we provide investment for Media Owners to enable them to create and obtain quality content in exchange for receiving potential media assets and sponsorship in and around that programming.
We are developing content opportunities where we can offer more value to Publicis clients by helping our partners create content which aligns with Publicis Client values and campaigns.
The SVP, APEX Content Ventures US Lead will be the market-facing and internal drive to expand our content practice and solutions with a mindset towards overall business growth.
These responsibilities will fall into four distinct categories:
1. Construct, drive and manage partnership deals with US-based media owners, producers and content distributors with an eye towards expanding into emerging video tactics to build unique APEX product
2. Identify, ideate and negotiate content opportunities that align with APEX’s go-to-market positioning
3. Connect and collaborate on content opportunities with Publicis agencies to match the needs of Publicis Groupe Clients
4. Bring together content finance and media trading that is commercially viable and beneficial for media owners, Publicis Groupe Clients and APEX in consort with the APEX Investment & Activation leads
External Facing Roles and Responsibilities
· Make content investment decisions on behalf of APEX US - as the APEX Executive Producer named in APEX Content Investment Contracts.
· Act as point of contact with Media Owners for all matters relating to APEX Content Investment, working in consort with APEX Investment & Activation leads as needed to validate content assets, integrations, sponsorships and rights as part of overall commercial and legal negotiations
· Act as point of contact with Producers and Content Distributors in Local Market
· Manage Local Market Producer relationships as needed during execution process
· Keep up to date with Content Commissioning trends and activity
Internal Roles and Responsibilities
· Liaise with UK-based Global Lead of Content Ventures to co-ordinate Global Content Opportunities (dotted line report)
· Collaborate with US Chief Content Officer to evaluate content opportunities and determine if they are best suited for APEX content financing vs Publicis Content (e.g. client funded) initiatives
· Work with US Leadership Team to demonstrate APEX Content Capabilities and Clients and grow client opt ins including contributing to content for sales materials and collateral (direct line report is to EVP, Investment and Commercial Strategy)
· Act as Contact Point with US Publicis Agencies and Clients for APEX Content Investment, including attending internal agency and external client meetings in consort with Client Development as part of selling client integrations and sponsorships when appropriate
· Build relationships with content investment buying teams at US Publicis Agencies to understand potential needs that can be met through APEX Content programs
· Provide information and market intelligence to APEX team on current Content environment and pipeline.
· KPI Targeted with increasing APEX US revenue working with APEX US Leadership and Global Lead of Content Ventures by creating new Content Finance initiatives
· 15+ years of combined experience across Advertising/Media, Sales, Production, Programming and/or Distribution across multiple media
· Detailed knowledge of content production and international distribution landscape, content rights negotiation and content financing models
· Demonstrated ability in growing, managing and inspiring teams; strong leadership and organizational management must be complemented by relationship building management style
• Experience with multicultural/inclusive media owners and audiences
• Creative problem-solver; highly developed negotiation skills and the ability to drive for marginal gains in an ultra-competitive environment
• Excellent interpersonal, skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas and strategies
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.