Partner/Head of Data Science
- Chancery Lane, London, United Kingdom
Digitas is where connected experiences bring brands to life.Like the unicorn, Digitas is a rare beast, with strategy, technology, data, creativity and media under one roof. We believe in a different approach to designing experiences for brands.The future lies in combining the memorability of brand thinking with the empathy of design thinking, as we believe brands should strive to create Total Brand Experience. We create connected experiences through our capabilities in - Experience Consulting, Platforms & Products, Precision Media and CRM, Comms & Content.Digitas operates in 42 offices in 27 countries and is expanding rapidly with 3500+ employees and is part of the Publicis Groupe.
Digitas are looking for a seasoned leader in Data Science with at least 10 years’ experience in the domain. This leadership is a unique position, you will need a demonstrable blend of hands on, management and business development / presentation skills. You will also need to be practiced in working with and selling to non-technical audiences. Knowing how to adapt the message and complex technological concepts to different audiences will be a crucial element in candidate selection.
This role represents a unique opportunity to shape the direction of AI at Digitas through product innovation and coaching within and outside the team
As a leader in the Data team, you will be collaborating with colleagues in Technology, Strategy, Creative and Media in developing solutions and will be working predominantly in Google Cloud Platform to deliver prototypes, end to end products and solutions to a wide selection of clients in many different industries including FMCG, FS and retail.
Typically, these projects will require demonstrable knowledge of the following;
· Deep Learning
· ML based forecasting
· ML OPS – deploying models to production
· Data Engineering principles
· Data Automation
· Exceptional analytical and modelling skills
· Experience with R and Python in a multi developer environment using version control such as git
· Demonstrable experience in a deep learning framework such as pytorch or tensorflow
· Experienced in coaching data scientists in code development and best practices
· Has demonstrable experience of working in a cloud environment with VMs, GPUs, TPUs, various data storage technologies across structures and unstructured data – preferably with Google Cloud (not essential)
· Experience with dashboarding software (Tableau, Looker, Qlik View etc)
· Experience in customised visualisation frameworks such as rShiny, Flask
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Able to communicate and present data topics and projects to stakeholders, tailoring the approach depending on the audience
· Experience managing other data scientists, fostering their learning and development
· Communicate with senior leaders internally and externally
Please note that Digitas is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.