Media Planner, Paid Social
- 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY
PubW is a bespoke business unit set up to bring the full power of the Publicis Groupe together to support Walmart’s media and data needs. Through our Power of One model, we put Walmart at the center bringing together specialists in strategy, media investment, data, influencers, commerce, and content delivering a highly connected, purpose-led and collaborative approach for our clients.
PubW’s mission is to help Walmart navigate a period of intense change, continually keeping them “one more step ahead”. This means challenging conventions, driving continual progress, and pushing the marketplace to keep Walmart at the forefront of the media industry. Our approach is grounded in using data and technology to connect with real people across the full funnel, ensuring that Walmart’s investment in media is directly contributing to innovative marketing experiences, driving brand and business growth.
You’ll be responsible for working across all social platforms to plan,
implement, manage and optimize data-driven campaigns. Additionally,
this role works closely with the national Paid Social practice to constantly
track the market, evaluate new opportunities, create training materials,
and vet new social/messaging Platforms and API Partners (PMDs/FMPs).
As Media Planner, Paid Social, you’ll manage our clients’ paid social activities,
from planning to implementation and reporting.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
• Serve as a member of the cross-functional client team to
understand goals and translate them into a paid social media
strategy across all platforms and devices.
• Partner with Media Planning, Social Strategy, and Strategy &
Analytics groups to understand the role of paid social within
the larger paid media campaign, as well as the organic social
• Flawlessly run paid media in API partner platforms and directly
in social platforms. Responsible for campaign setup, trafficking,
ongoing optimization, and reporting that meets and exceeds client
• Stay up to date on new ad products and technology advancements,
understanding how to translate them to deliver on business goals
and how they work with your media plan.
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of the capabilities of API partners
and be able to test and apply them to client/campaign objectives.
Foster strong relationships with current platform partners to help
influence product roadmaps based on specific client needs.
• Partner with Strategy & Analytics team to use real-time data, testing,
and campaign learnings to effectively optimize and manage campaigns.
Collect insights to share back with internal and client teams.
• Leverage planning and forecasting tools within platforms to inform
budgets, bid strategies, and target audiences.
• Produce clear communication for internal teams and directly to clients
regarding campaign performance, recommendations and expected
• Work flexible hours to adapt to the real-time nature of the social space.
Be available “on call” during non-business hours for posting and optimizing
• Participate in the training of junior team members as needed.
• Superior collaboration and teamwork skills; experience working
with cross-functional teams
• Effective at project management and ability to re-prioritize while
operating within a fast paced environment, while maintaining attention
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to think on your feet, present to clients, and talk knowledgeably
about the role of social media
• Understanding of fundamental media metrics and calculations (CTR, CPC,
• Positive attitude and able to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• 3+ years of experience in media or ad operations preferred
• 1+ years of hands-on experience working in self-service capacity within
social platforms. Ideally, candidate will have experience working in both
API partner UIs (ex. Brand Networks, 4C, Kinetic Social), as well as in Facebook/
Instagram, Twitter and or LinkedIn Platforms.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.